Thread: Ni9e - The LaST ReSoRT

Beans

Thumbs down Ni9e - The LaST ReSoRT

NINE, 9 The Last Resort, need working - x-post from WINE, MODS can delete one if you want I just found this old cd in my basement, remember playing it in middle school. It is a Myst type game but a lot darker and completely insane. I've tried running it about every way I can think of, and I'll keep trying, but I could really use some help. I'm better at DOS than I am with linux, and I suck at DOS... I'm running natty narwhal if someone could try this on the newest or an older version that'd be greeaaat. I might be able to upload my copy if the copyright is up on it and there is interest? Game was a flop when it came out but I had fun with it, maybe if I can play it now I could actually beat it...it is COMPLETELY INSANE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9:_The_Last_Resort

Anyway, here's some screenshots showing as many things as I can on the screen, hopefully somebody here can help, I'll add more as I try more things
    http://imgur.com/a/28ODN
    The setup menu in the center of teh screen is from when I run it normally through Wine or Wine Core exe it gets to 100% then errors out and spits up the black terminal in the top left

Beans

Re: Ni9e - The LaST ReSoRT

I'm about out of ideas...quicktime install went through no problem, still can't install form CD or ISO. I've tried lots of different configs in wine tools, every version of windows, virtual desktop or not, tried using the same settings I did for starcraft....no go. Any ideas?? I guess my last chance is to get my brother over here and look at it with me or wipe my drive and dual boot with windows, I might do that anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Do you have any extra stuff installed, such as any quicktime libraries for wine? Not sure myself, but the game itself is Windows, not DOS.

Beans

I've started downloading config packs for every game I can find from that time period....it's from '96

quicktime doesn't show up in wine config, winetricks, or under the program list, but the QT install from the CD went through how it should and it's installed on the hard drive somewhere...
    Last edited by fb00; January 27th, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Beans

Thread moved to the "Wine" forum.

Beans

Thanks, I wasn't sure where to put it so I put it in both places

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I'll take a look on my computer when I get home, see if I can figure anything out. If I get it to work, I'll tell you what I did, okay? Unless someone beats me to it.

Beans

Thanks, sounds good. I'm going to keep working on it too, but I wont have much free time for a few days.