Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MP3 players for linux users?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: MP3 players for linux users?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    I'm throwing in the Cowon again. Just plug it in, drag and drop away. Plays ogg, FLAC and just about everything else. I have the C2 and the older iAudio7. Love 'em. Quality sound and over 50 hours battery.

http://www.cowonglobal.com/
    I got a i10 a couple of weeks ago, but mailed it back/returned it. It would not connect-the USB cord connection to the player would not "stay". There was a nice firm USB to computer connection but I could not wiggle or keep the device connected long enough for my computer to recognize. Probably a one time quality control issue, but I am going to try the sansa fuze+

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I found you really need to shove it in the first few times. Feels like it's in, but it's not. Had me worried and I don't like to apply force to these things but did and fine. I have iAudio7, wife and friend have the C2 and they are great.

Sorry you had bad luck with them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I have an older Samsung player that I recently tried with 11.10 and much to my surprise it was drag and drop. Got it out to use with my new elliptical. Do not know if it will play ogg or flac though, I converted the files I put on it to mp3 right off the start.

Beans

Question for Sony Walkman users. I just got my NWZ-E465 and am pretty satisfied with it. Looks like it will be a good fit for me. One puzzling thing, though, is that it seems to be bad at detecting ID3 tags on my songs. I just put about ~50 songs on it to test, and even though they all have ID3 tags it only detected them on two songs. This isn't a huge issue as I can just browse the folders, but it would be nice. Can anyone speak to getting ID3 tags working? Also, is there any way to make playlists without the syncing software?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by dpitch40 View Post
    Question for Sony Walkman users. I just got my NWZ-E465 and am pretty satisfied with it. Looks like it will be a good fit for me. One puzzling thing, though, is that it seems to be bad at detecting ID3 tags on my songs. I just put about ~50 songs on it to test, and even though they all have ID3 tags it only detected them on two songs. This isn't a huge issue as I can just browse the folders, but it would be nice. Can anyone speak to getting ID3 tags working? Also, is there any way to make playlists without the syncing software?
    You would be much better off asking these questions in new, separate threads with descriptive titles. You are not going to get much help this deep in an old thread.

Also, this is the Community Cafe, not intended for technical advice ...

Quote Originally Posted by Community Cafe Description at top of page ...
    Almost any non-tech-support topic may be discussed here.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; June 2nd, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by dpitch40 View Post
    Maybe a bit late, but here is an answer: It depends of the version of the tags.

I own a walkman NWZ-X1050B, and let me say that it does not like tags with the ID3v2.4 version on it. They all must be ID3v2.3 in order to be shown. Even, if you use special characters, the tags must be properly encoded on UTF-8 or UTF-16.

Also other thing that I have seen, is that they dislike the PNG format on the embedded cover art. You can only use JPG (and even some types of JPG formats) on the embedded covers.

I use Mp3Tag and TagScan (yup, under wine) to keep them at line easly.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Im using a old school fist gen ipod mini I got for free. Upgraded it to 32GB using a compact flash card and it runs well teamed up with banshee. I use it with my car's built Ipod dock.

I have a sansa clip plus for everything else, or my phone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234