Thread: Adobe ConnectNow Add-in for Chrome/Firefox

Beans

Adobe ConnectNow Add-in for Chrome/Firefox

Hello everyone.

First of all, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section. I did look over all the categories, but found this one the most suiting.

Getting on with the point:
    I am running a website with pretty much a lot of tools on it. I have a plugin for users, that makes use of the services of ConnectNow to share their desktop-screen with each other. Everything is working well for everyone, but Linux users are having a little bit of trouble here.
    The fact that I can't click on the "Install the ConnectNow Add-in" box, I thought it would be a good idea to get a manual install of this, but to no avail. There are no extensions provided for manual installation for browsers such as Firefox or Chrome.

I than tried to fix the issue with me not being able to click on the box and have also failed on that part. The only solution for that was to trust a website through Adobe's general settings page, but doesn't have any effect on the installation part, it still requires me to click on "Yes" when asked to install.

Does anyone have any idea, solution or a simple thought that may direct me to the right path on how I could fix this?

I usually don't use the feature, but is required for me to assist users on the website with technical problems. I can click or render Flash objects with no problem, the only problem I'm having is installing an extensions through Flash, or clicking on it.

I thank you in advance if you're thinking about helping me out!
    Regards.

(Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit, latest version of Flash, tried the Flash-aid from Firefox add-ons as well).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Adobe ConnectNow Add-in for Chrome/Firefox

Please provide the add-on page so we can check it out. I couldn't find it.

Most likely that this add-on uses binary components not available to Linux users. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case, since it is an Adobe product.

Beans

Re: Adobe ConnectNow Add-in for Chrome/Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Please provide the add-on page so we can check it out. I couldn't find it.

Most likely that this add-on uses binary components not available to Linux users. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case, since it is an Adobe product.
    Thank you for your reply.

I too was only able to find the Windows version of the Add-in:
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchang...&extid=1802025

I did read on various places that limited support is present for Linux, which did include the ConnectNow so I believe.