Thread: Success with PCSX2 and Radeon driver?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Success with PCSX2 and Radeon driver?

Has anyone had trouble and then success running PCSX2 with Radeon open source drivers? I'm not sure if it's the problem; I'm sort of guessing.

However, PCSX2 used to crash when I first started playing with it, so I left it alone for a few months and it now works in as far as games load, the sound is fine and I see graphics. It's just that the graphics are indecipherable. I can sort of recognize the different menu screens and logos but they are very garbled.

I installed PCSX2 and its plugins through the repos and I have gone through every setting and hack individually but I can't get a single game to display clearly. In fact, besides slowing it down with a couple of the settings, I couldn't get the garbled mess to look any different at all.

I tried using a different video plugin than the ZZ OGL that came by default, but I don't think I made them correctly. I had some errors when using "make" on the source I got.

It is so close to working that I have my hopes up. Can anyone give me any suggestions to get it there?

Beans

Re: Success with PCSX2 and Radeon driver?

Also I'm planning to try that when i install ubuntu, i will monitor this thread when the answer arrived, whats the specs of your pc? I tried pcsx2 on win7 before and it works fine, the hardest part for me way back there was finding the bios for the ps2.

Problem I have encounter before was a very slow loading because I'm using a single core cpu, but after the change in system I can play Final fantasy x way back there.

Beans
    Distro

I'm trying to run it on my media center. The processor is okay (dual core 3Ghz) and I maxed out the memory because it was cheap (16 GB), but the video card is just the integrated Radeon HD 3300.

Beans
    Distro

Okay, so I upgraded to 11.10 and the situation is greatly improved. It is still unplayable, however, as there is severe ghosting. I haven't found any settings or combination of settings to get rid of this ghosting/flickering problem yet.