Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Installation

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Help with Installation

sorry mate. i cant spin my head around your prefix error. I previously assumed that you had ubuntu installed from wubi when u said u had both OS in your same partition of xp...(just a guess from me though.)
    So,It would be nice if you post an image of the error you get..lets see what your actual error is..

And yes, it would be nice if you explain what u did in your machine to install ubuntu...or the procedures you followed too....thanks

Regards,WinuxUser
    Last edited by WinuxUser; January 20th, 2012 at 07:16 AM.
    I am # 34550 and # 547844

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by WinuxUser View Post
    sorry mate. i cant spin my head around your prefix error. I previously assumed that you had ubuntu installed from wubi when u said u had both OS in your same partition of xp...(just a guess from me though.)
    So,It would be nice if you post an image of the error you get..lets see what your actual error is..

And yes, it would be nice if you explain what u did in your machine to install ubuntu...or the procedures you followed too....thanks

Regards,WinuxUser
    +1
    The more you tell about your system, the greater chance that we can help

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by swalihmz1 View Post
    I have all the requirements for XP and Ubuntu.I have XP already with me. Yesterday, i have downloaded Ubuntu 11.10. Now i want both the OS on my computer. On installing, i don't see the option of side to side installing the OS. I have Samsung HDD and have 4 partitions. Ubuntu can't see Windows installed on my Desktop PC and says my Hard Drive is unallocated. It can't see my partitions. I used USB to install Ubuntu.

If you want anymore information, ask me? What is the problem?
    Why don't you try the Vmware workstation for that

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by ilmkidunya View Post
    Why don't you try the Vmware workstation for that
    The Thread starter has said that he wants both OS in his machine and talks about partitions, which clearly states that he wants both as installations and not as a playstation.

I am # 34550 and # 547844

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12