Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steve Wozniak (Apple Co-founder) wishes his iPhone could do things his Android does!

Beans
    Hidden!

Lightbulb Steve Wozniak (Apple Co-founder) wishes his iPhone could do things his Android does.

...Wozniak says he also wishes it (iPhone) would do "all the things my Android does, I really do."

Ouch. That hurts, coming from the co-founder of Apple, who is much beloved by those in the Apple kingdom, as well as those outside of it. Wozniak says his main phone is the iPhone and that he loves "the beauty of it" as well as its simplicity, compared to Android. But, he says, Android phones are not that much harder to deal with, and "if you're willing to do the work to understand it a little bit, well I hate to say it, but there’s more available in some ways."

...Wozniak thinks that voice commands do better on Android than the iPhone, and he told Lyons that Siri on the iPhone 4S is not as good as when it was a stand-alone app for the previous iPhone:...

Heresy? No, it's Wozniak's engineering analysis, detached and unbiased. He says the iPhone is a great choice for many people, including those "who are just scared of computers altogether and don’t want to use them...."
    http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...id-phone-a-lot

Nothing shocking or surprising here, just conventional wisdom at it's best.
    Last edited by HappinessNow; January 18th, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
    "Mind what you have learned. Save you it can." ~ Yoda

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Steve Wozniak (Apple Co-founder) wishes his iPhone could do things his Android do

I don't see what's so surprising about this. This actually feeds into conventional wisdom, which is that the iPhone is beautiful and simple, and Android is targeted primarily at power users. That doesn't mean power users can't use or prefer iPhones or that Android users cannot be computer illiterates, but Wozniak (who definitely qualifies more than I do as a power user) can like the functionality of Android, and that's not a shocker.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Steve Wozniak (Apple Co-founder) wishes his iPhone could do things his Android do

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    I don't see what's so surprising about this. This actually feeds into conventional wisdom, which is that the iPhone is beautiful and simple, and Android is targeted primarily at power users. That doesn't mean power users can't use or prefer iPhones or that Android users cannot be computer illiterates, but Wozniak (who definitely qualifies more than I do as a power user) can like the functionality of Android, and that's not a shocker.
    What's surprising is that we found a apple user (and not just any apple user but a Apple Co-founder) that is not fanboy.

To be fair there are just as many android fanboys but it's always nice to hear from someone reasonable, especially from someone with that position in apple.
    PC: 3.4GHz AMD Phenom II X4 965 Quad-Core Processor | 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Galaxy 2GB GeForce 670 GTX | 30GB OCZ ssd | 1TB + 750GB 7200 RPM Hard Drives | Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows Vista ultimate
    Phone: Samsung Nexus Galaxy (verizon)

Beans

I like some Android devices and dislike some Android devices. As with any IT or IT related product I use what best suits my needs now.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I like some Android devices and dislike some Android devices. As with any IT or IT related product I use what best suits my needs now.
    This is true, there are massive differences between different Android makers and devices. Different looks, different functionality, etc... Overall though, especially with the customizations and the better OEM skins, I'd say Android is a very capable system. I hardly touch my PC these days.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post
    This is true, there are massive differences between different Android makers and devices. Different looks, different functionality, etc... Overall though, especially with the customizations and the better OEM skins, I'd say Android is a very capable system. I hardly touch my PC these days.
    If not for my current ecosystem I would seriously consider the Samsung devices. One of my sons just purchased a Galaxy Tab and Galaxy phone after my advice.

However I am currently Applecentric and use an iPhone and iPad as they currently meet my needs but I may will change when upgrade time comes.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    If not for my current ecosystem I would seriously consider the Samsung devices. One of my sons just purchased a Galaxy Tab and Galaxy phone after my advice.

However I am currently Applecentric and use an iPhone and iPad as they currently meet my needs but I may will change when upgrade time comes.
    I'm partial to HTC myself. They add a lot of polish and features to basic Android, and have great hardware (and my personal preference is LCD screens over OLED...). Although I will say the Samsung Galaxy Note looks pretty amazing.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I really like how he said this
    Android phones are not that much harder to deal with
    because that's the co-founder of Apple blowing their only real argument out of the water. The only thing they really have left is iTunes, and that's one of my biggest reasons to not want an iPhone or iPad.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post
    I really like how he said this
    because that's the co-founder of Apple blowing their only real argument out of the water. The only thing they really have left is iTunes. . .
    It would appear reality disagrees with you: http://www.bgr.com/2011/12/06/iphone...-sales-strong/

Wozniak has always been his own person, and is actually pretty OS agnostic. He uses what he thinks is best for the job.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I personally think Apple is going to lose out in general as the younger population matures. While Apple may be "hip" now for some, it could easily become boring. Simple and totally locked into one ecosystem will not fly, I do not believe in the long run. I am kind of surprised he made the statement publicly, however about Android phones vs the iPhone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast