Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Sync your Blackberry in Linux

Beans

Re: How to Sync your Blackberry in Linux

I'm also a noob, so forgive such a simple question:

When I look for the .sync4j folder in my HOME directory I cannot find it. Is there a package that I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

Beans

I tried this with Verizon Wireless 7130e. When I try to sync from blackberry I get 'Max Connections Open' error from Funambol. I tried hard reset several times but it always happens.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rn655321 View Post

When I look for the .sync4j folder in my HOME directory I cannot find it. Is there a package that I am missing?

Thanks in advance!
    Just make the folder and copy the appropriate files/folders into it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by rn655321 View Post

Thanks in advance!

dot-folders are hidden folders...I'm not sure if you knew this or not, so try pressing ctrl+h (when browsing via nautilus of course) and it will show it (or ls -a for shell style).
    -----------------------------
    -Aashay Desai (NinjitsuStylee)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by clee991 View Post
    GCalSync works on my BB Pearl with a few quirks (repeats) for Google Calendar

http://www.gcalsync.com/

The Gmail client is OK but I setup mymail to grab Gmail as a POP and find I prefer that and can use filters on mymail to fine tune what gets though

Thanks for the tip on US charging
    I have Blackberry Pearl from T-Mobile and I got it working perfectly and here are the step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this task.

Credit Peter Gypps for these good instructions:

Using the browser of your blackberry phone Go to: http://wap.gcalsync.com and install the GCalSync program

(It will download and install the .jad installer)

After install is complete, In your phone navigate to:

Options>Advanced Options>TCP>APN set to wap.voicestream.com

-reboot (by holding red hang-up button for 5 seconds then wait 30 seconds and turn power back on)-

Go into gcalsync
    Options > Username/password > enter your user name (without the @gmail.com) and password
    Options > Timezone > Set your timezone offset. I just played with my
    numbers until they matched between my Google calendar and phone. I am in Eastern Standard Time so I changed upload to +05:00 and ticked the box on "use Gmail cal time"

-reboot-

all done, do a normal sync and there you have it. Now I still run in to the bug where if I create a calendar entry on my mobile that I will have 2 duplicate entries on Google Calendar online via my Desktop PC at home but it's really not that big of a deal.

I hate Microsoft Outlook so I am glad that I found this other method and am very happy now. And I dont have to waste my time with evolution or other pop suites.
    Last edited by boo-koo; February 23rd, 2007 at 05:23 AM.

Beans

As a recent BB customer and a full-time Ubuntu user, I read this thread with curiosity as I was not wanting to be tied to occasionally booting Windows for synching.

My primary "global" email is just a free account though Yahoo. I recently consolidated all my contact info into their contacts interface with the intention of exporting/importing into the BB. I did do that last week to a degree, importing all names and number - couldn't get email addresses across for whatever reason.

This morning I downloaded Yahoo's GO application for mobile phones to the BB. And now I am able to do over-the-air synching with my Yahoo contacts. Voila! No need for Windows, no need for the BB synch app. 200+ contacts synched in about 1 minute.

Thought others might be interested.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I would like to thank the people who posted about gcalsync SO much!!

This is awesome. It took me a while to set it up, but I got it, and it's great! Works like a charm.

Thanks again!
    "There are only two industries that refer to their customers as 'users'."
    - Edward Tufte

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

ok, im trying to charge my moms Blackberry Pearl, but when i run bcharge, it says there are no devices to adjust, does this not work for Pearls, or am i retarded?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

ok, i found this http://barry.cvs.sourceforge.net/bar...ge.cc?view=log

but i cant get it to install/edit

Beans
    Hidden!

How about just getting your BB to show up as a removeable device? I'm really just looking to transfer data to/from its memory card...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast