Thread: Ubuntu 11.10 64bit mplayer/mencoder compability problem

Threaded View

Beans

Ubuntu 11.10 64bit mplayer/mencoder with zsnes compability problem

Hello!

I run Ubuntu 11.10 64bit version, and I have many questions

When I install zsnes with "apt-get install zsnes" it wants to remove some libraries, also mplayer and mencoder

The following packages will be REMOVED:
    libsdl1.2-dev libsdl1.2debian libsdl1.2debian-alsa mplayer mencoder
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
    libsdl1.2debian:i386 libsdl1.2debian-alsa:i386 zsnes:i386

So I cannot use movie recorder and dump a movie. I was thinking, maybe I can compile mplayer and mencoder myself
    and then install zsnes. But it still wont work to compile a 64bit version of mencoder, because it wants 64bit version of all the libraries too, libsdl1.2 wich also zsnes needs.

I have also tried to compile zsnes myself, I had to add -march=i686 -m32 to CFLAGS. But I still couldn't compile it correctly.

Is it possible to build a version of zsnes with static libraries ? Or will that cause problems with compability when using a 64bit version of libsdl and other libraries simultaniously?

I also got a response from the zsnes forums, that 32bit libraries and 64bit libraries should bort be installed but in different paths. They do that in debian, why not ubuntu? Or just a problem with only these libs ?

Also trying to install mencoder will remove the zsnes:i386 package, vice versa. They should both be able to install since zsnes is using mencoder for a feature.
    Last edited by Spekkio83; January 14th, 2012 at 01:56 PM.