Thread: Epson v500 scanner

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Epson v500 scanner

Hi all,

did anybody get this, or a similar type, scanner to work? lsusb lists it as Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection V500 (GT-X770) but no app detects it. I've tried to install iscan-data_1.13.0-1_all.deb > successfully. but iscan_2.28.1-3.ltdl7_amd64.deb won't install at all. as if the software centre couldn't handle it properly..

would anybody have an idea please?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Epson v500 scanner

nobody?

Beans
    Distro

ok I got it working, needed to install older packages; also, my software center needed to be reinstalled.

i needed
    iscan-network-nt_1.1.0-2_amd64.deb iscan-data_1.11.0-1_all.deb iscan_2.27.1-4_amd64.deb

plus

libltdl3 from http://askubuntu.com/questions/71137...canner-working

sorry for asking for support in such a trivial problem

Beans

This is useful to me as I'm thinking of buying an Epson V500 for scanning negatives - thanks for posting! Have you used it for negative scanning, or are you planning to?

Dave.

Beans
    Distro

hello Dave, i'm using it almost exclusively for negatives scanning
    , works great especialy with VueScan - can detect& separate photos on a negative strip

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by debili View Post
    ok I got it working, needed to install older packages; also, my software center needed to be reinstalled.

i needed
    iscan-network-nt_1.1.0-2_amd64.deb iscan-data_1.11.0-1_all.deb iscan_2.27.1-4_amd64.deb

plus

libltdl3 from http://askubuntu.com/questions/71137...canner-working

sorry for asking for support in such a trivial problem
    Well, I tried all of that in Precise i386 but no joy, the scanner is still not recognised.
    lsusb says:
    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 04b8:0130 Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection V500 (GT-X770)
    so the scanner is there all right.

I want to upgrade my Lucid distro to precise (64bit) but I am afraid to loose the scanner functionality. I just test it on a laptop now with 32bit Precise.
    Why was a reinstall of the software center necessary? I use a fresh install on this laptop. I will now replace it with an AMD64 version. On the Avasys pages I cannot find any support for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

btw. the link you quouted in your previous post opens a page in Japanese... I'm afraid I cannot read that.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
    Peter

Beans

Wink Re: Epson v500 scanner

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E View Post
    Well, I tried all of that in Precise i386 but no joy, the scanner is still not recognised.
    lsusb says:
    Bus 001 Device 008: ID 04b8:0130 Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection V500 (GT-X770)
    so the scanner is there all right.

I want to upgrade my Lucid distro to precise (64bit) but I am afraid to loose the scanner functionality. I just test it on a laptop now with 32bit Precise.
    Why was a reinstall of the software center necessary? I use a fresh install on this laptop. I will now replace it with an AMD64 version. On the Avasys pages I cannot find any support for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

btw. the link you quouted in your previous post opens a page in Japanese... I'm afraid I cannot read that.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
    Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by debili View Post
    Hi all,

did anybody get this, or a similar type, scanner to work? lsusb lists it as Seiko Epson Corp. Perfection V500 (GT-X770) but no app detects it. I've tried to install iscan-data_1.13.0-1_all.deb > successfully. but iscan_2.28.1-3.ltdl7_amd64.deb won't install at all. as if the software centre couldn't handle it properly..

would anybody have an idea please?

I went to the epson web page and downloaded three deb files, which installed via the software tool in ubuntu. You have to install the data one first. But it works brilliantly. I have been scanning and playing with some 6x4.5 negs and general paper scanning. Nowe the only thing I need ******* for is black mesa source.....