Thread: white global menu

Beans

Exclamation white global menu

hi guys, I really need your help: I just transfered to Unity from Gnome, and tried to disable the global menu; after something I uninstalled, I got stuck with a white global menu under the transparent top panel (I made it transparent using compiz), see attachment. Please help me!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: white global menu

Hi, looks like you're pretty new to the forums based on your bean count. The forum is made up entirely of volunteers so unfortunately you don't always get instantaneous advice. The forums support bumping no more than once in a 24-hour period.

I'm afraid that I can't help you with your problem, but I'll see if I can find the manual for unity and post it for you. That may be faster than waiting for a response.

edit: are you running 11.10 Ubuntu or some other flavor?
    Last edited by Ms. Daisy; January 13th, 2012 at 10:09 PM.

Beans

hi and sorry, I did not know about the bumping rule. I am running 11.10, and I know that the problem is connected with the global menu.

Beans

Beans

ok this is weird but the transparency option seems to be working only with the global menu... after I enabled it again, everything seems to be normal now. so I guess I will have to deal with it for now.

OK this is officially a bug, because I read the instructions (from the official links that you provided) for removing the global menu, and the result is the same. I edited this just in case if anyone else is having the same problem. oh, and forgot to say THANK YOU !!!
    Last edited by mk.alien.22; January 13th, 2012 at 10:34 PM.

Beans

If you don't want that weird white global menu (it's behind your panel by the way) you'll have to uninstall the global menu package.

I did that when I switched to Gnome Shell.