Page 72 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayland Live CD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wayland Live CD

Quote Originally Posted by lehjr View Post
    Apparently it is being worked on and 1 of 2 parts is done. It's not really ground breaking work, but it's something.
    Yep, better than nothing...

Beans

Anything new going on with Wayland? I've been skimming through the mailing list but I haven't seen anything "exciting" yet.

Beans

Hi, I dl'ed the cd from sourceforge but when making a live usb (formatted as fat32) with unetbootin on Ubuntu Gnome Beta, either the version from the repos or the latest one, I get 'boot error'. I don't know wher I'm going wrong. Any advice?

I tried Startup Disk Creator also, same error. 'Boot error'.

I think something might be wrong with the ISO. The md5 hash matches perfectly.
    Last edited by DisappearingOak; October 3rd, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by DisappearingOak View Post
    Hi, I dl'ed the cd from sourceforge but when making a live usb (formatted as fat32) with unetbootin on Ubuntu Gnome Beta, either the version from the repos or the latest one, I get 'boot error'. I don't know wher I'm going wrong. Any advice?

I tried Startup Disk Creator also, same error. 'Boot error'.

I think something might be wrong with the ISO. The md5 hash matches perfectly.
    Did you ever get it to work, I tried startup disk creator and it locked up at 96%, then unetbootin, it worked OK.

I had that boot error before, maybe try to DL it again, I did not see any md5sum for it on the web site to check with DL.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    Did you ever get it to work, I tried startup disk creator and it locked up at 96%, then unetbootin, it worked OK.

I had that boot error before, maybe try to DL it again, I did not see any md5sum for it on the web site to check with DL.
    The md5 is there on the website

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rebeccablackos/files/

You have to click the rounded "i" button next to the name of the ISO. It matches perfect with my downloaded iso. I've tried using dd also, but it just skips past to the hdd's grub. I have had no luck with unetbootin or startup disk. I tried several times but just get boot error. Usually dd or unetbootin works fine with most ISOs, but I'm not sure why it's not working with this. This was all on USB drive being formatted as fat32. I tried formatting as ext2 and using unetbootin also (I've had luck with ext2 in some distro's isos) and it provokes a response with the bootsplash coming up but ends with error (initramfs) failed to mount /dev/loop0 to //filesystem.squashfs: no such device. With fat32, just get the ridiculous 'boot error'. So I've run out of ideas. I'm waiting for someone to help me, I might try dd'ing the image to a hdd partition and making a grub entry, but I don't want to mess up my system and also do not know properly how to write a grub entry for it.

Beans

Does anyone know if a particular block size needs to be set as a parameter when using dd to burn the iso?

Beans
    Distro

Dah!, I never tried the little (i) before, thanks for the tip.
    You might try getting on the #wayland IRC channel and ask nerdopolis if he or any one else has any ideas whats going wrong, sorry I have no idea.

Beans
    Distro

0.95.0-0ubuntu3+daily1+20121010~quantal1 today...

Where are all the Wayland fans ?

Beans
    Distro

@nerdopolis

Have you got the 0.99.0 going yet ?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    @nerdopolis

Have you got the 0.99.0 going yet ?

I'm waiting on some toolkits to update, as well as the Xwayland server. There are some changes that made it incompatible.
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.

Page 72 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast