Page 77 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayland Live CD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wayland Live CD

From grub I use /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdb7 ro single to go to tty1 and then type westoncaller but it will only run with sudo.

Why not as user instead of root ?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    From grub I use /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdb7 ro single to go to tty1 and then type westoncaller but it will only run with sudo.

Why not as user instead of root ?
    you would probably want to run
    Code:
    /opt/bin/weston-launch
    if you are running it on bare hardware like that. It needs permissions. /opt/bin/weston-launch is setuid.
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.

Beans
    Distro

I will try that next time, I checked the error from tty1 and it said, fatal: failed to create compositorping.

Beans
    Distro

@ nerdopolis,

Hows it going, have you had any luck with xwm-client ?

I spent 6 hours trying to complie weston on Arch, what a mess, all I get is a window with 3 icons that do nothing but had some errors in the compile and I didn't know how to fix them, oh well, good luck, later.

p.s. RBLOS is working great with the 3.7+ kernel, little trouble with icons, had to make my own, xpm's don't work?
    Last edited by cecilpierce; December 12th, 2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: ps

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

@ nerdopolis,

Hows it going, have you had any luck with xwm-client ?

I spent 6 hours trying to complie weston on Arch, what a mess, all I get is a window with 3 icons that do nothing but had some errors in the compile and I didn't know how to fix them, oh well, good luck, later.

p.s. RBLOS is working great with the 3.7+ kernel, little trouble with icons, had to make my own, xpm's don't work?
    I'm not the developer of xwm-client, I just tried to compile it. It was a bit unstable, but the developer made some changes recently, which I might test out.

I think the icon support in weston-desktop-shell is minimal. It's really only a sample interface

Beans
    Distro

@ nerdopolis

What are the two new files in svn "*configure_phase1.sh and *configure_phase2.sh" ?
    Any new iso's in the works ?
    Last edited by cecilpierce; December 16th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

@ nerdopolis

What are the two new files in svn "*configure_phase1.sh and *configure_phase2.sh" ?
    Any new iso's in the works ?
    configure_phase1.sh and configure_phase2.sh have pretty much always been there. They have to do with the ISO system configuration and build

Beans
    Distro

Haven't seen much in awhile, wondering how its going?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Haven't seen much in awhile, wondering how its going?
    I think I just fixed a DNS issue with the CD.

As far as Wayland goes, I changed the way I built QT so that now the QT applications don't needlessly connect to X when using qtwayland, and also changed the way I built it so now I get test web browsers (minimal, but native wayland web browsers!) I also added more GTK to the CD, as lots work.

I will probably release a new ISO once I start building kde-baseapps (and possibly kde-workspace) against kdelibs frameworks to get real native KDE wayland apps. Hopefully after I build KDE, I can get a native Wayland application launcher working, which will therefore have Wayland environment variables, to run Wayland apps easier.

(the problem is the current application launcher is an X app, and it has to have the Wayland variables unset)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by nerdopolis View Post
    I think I just fixed a DNS issue with the CD.

As far as Wayland goes, I changed the way I built QT so that now the QT applications don't needlessly connect to X when using qtwayland, and also changed the way I built it so now I get test web browsers (minimal, but native wayland web browsers!) I also added more GTK to the CD, as lots work.

I will probably release a new ISO once I start building kde-baseapps (and possibly kde-workspace) against kdelibs frameworks to get real native KDE wayland apps. Hopefully after I build KDE, I can get a native Wayland application launcher working, which will therefore have Wayland environment variables, to run Wayland apps easier.

(the problem is the current application launcher is an X app, and it has to have the Wayland variables unset)
    Thanks, would like to try it.

Page 77 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast