Page 68 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 1276

Thread: Wayland Live CD

  1. #671
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,274
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    After I run script it just goes back to cmd prompt, maybe I have a bad DL ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (34.4 KB, 6 views)

  2. #672
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    298
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    After I run script it just goes back to cmd prompt, maybe I have a bad DL ?

    yes. it returned to the shell that you started the script with.

    When you start the script with the CD image, it gives you a shell chrooted under the mounted FS with a user account of liveuser. when you are done you enter in exit, it brings the prompts, then returns you to your shell...

    I probably should make a graphical version of the script....
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.


  3. #673
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,274
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    But that screen is all I get, the iso never starts ?

  4. #674
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    298
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    But that screen is all I get, the iso never starts ?
    Ah! I see now. You need to put the file path in quotes.
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.


  5. #675
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,274
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Like this:
    ./test_RBOS_ISO.sh "/home/cecil/Downloads/RebecaBlackLinux.iso" ?

    Still no iso ?

  6. #676
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    298
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    Like this:
    ./test_RBOS_ISO.sh "/home/cecil/Downloads/RebecaBlackLinux.iso" ?

    Still no iso ?
    yes. But doesn't the ISO you have have the (8/24/2012) after it?

    What you should do is do ./test_RBOS_ISO.sh then hit space, and before you hit enter, go to the ISO file with your file manager, and drag and drop it onto your terminal. The full path with the quotes will be automatically entered into the terminal after the path to the script, and then you can hit enter.
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.


  7. #677
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,274
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    I renamed it but here is what I get in the terminal, sorry but im not good at what all this means.

    (Press enter

    /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint is not a mountpoint
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    squashfs-tools is already the newest version.
    aufs-tools is already the newest version.
    dialog is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 33 not upgraded.
    mount: according to mtab /home/cecil/RebecaBlackLinux.iso is already mounted on /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/isomount as loop
    mount: according to mtab /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/isomount/casper/filesystem.squashfs is already mounted on /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/squashfsmount as loop
    mount: unknown filesystem type 'aufs'
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/dev does not exist
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/proc does not exist
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/sys does not exist
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/tmp does not exist
    non-network local connections being added to access control list

    Type exit to go back to your system. If you want to test wayland, run the command: westoncaller
    chroot: failed to run command `groupadd': No such file or directory
    chroot: failed to run command `/usr/sbin/useradd': No such file or directory
    chroot: failed to run command `su': No such file or directory
    non-network local connections being removed from access control list)

  8. #678
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    298
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    I renamed it but here is what I get in the terminal, sorry but im not good at what all this means.

    (Press enter

    /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint is not a mountpoint
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    squashfs-tools is already the newest version.
    aufs-tools is already the newest version.
    dialog is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 33 not upgraded.
    mount: according to mtab /home/cecil/RebecaBlackLinux.iso is already mounted on /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/isomount as loop
    mount: according to mtab /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/isomount/casper/filesystem.squashfs is already mounted on /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/squashfsmount as loop
    mount: unknown filesystem type 'aufs'
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/dev does not exist
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/proc does not exist
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/sys does not exist
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/tmp does not exist
    non-network local connections being added to access control list

    Type exit to go back to your system. If you want to test wayland, run the command: westoncaller
    chroot: failed to run command `groupadd': No such file or directory
    chroot: failed to run command `/usr/sbin/useradd': No such file or directory
    chroot: failed to run command `su': No such file or directory
    non-network local connections being removed from access control list)
    hmm...
    Code:
     mount: unknown filesystem type 'aufs'
    Try a reboot?
    The glass is at 50% of its capacity.


  9. #679
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,274
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Reboot, same thing, all those dirs are ther ?


    cecil@cecil-cpu:~/Downloads$ ./test_RBOS_ISO.sh "RebecaBlackLinux.iso"
    This will call a chroot shell from an iso. If you use an iso from RebeccaBlackLinux you can call test Wayland by running westoncaller from the shell.

    The password for the test user is no password. Just hit enter if you actually need it.

    Press enter

    /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint is not a mountpoint
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    squashfs-tools is already the newest version.
    aufs-tools is already the newest version.
    dialog is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 33 not upgraded.
    mount: according to mtab /home/cecil/RebecaBlackLinux.iso is already mounted on /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/isomount as loop
    mount: according to mtab /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/isomount/casper/filesystem.squashfs is already mounted on /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/squashfsmount as loop
    mount: unknown filesystem type 'aufs'
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/dev does not exist
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/proc does not exist
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/sys does not exist
    mount: mount point /home/cecil/RBOS_Build_Files/isotest/unionmountpoint/tmp does not exist
    non-network local connections being added to access control list

    Type exit to go back to your system. If you want to test wayland, run the command: westoncaller
    chroot: failed to run command `groupadd': No such file or directory
    chroot: failed to run command `/usr/sbin/useradd': No such file or directory
    chroot: failed to run command `su': No such file or directory
    non-network local connections being removed from access control list

  10. #680
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami FL USA
    Beans
    1,274
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Wayland Live CD

    Is /RBOS_Build_Files suposed to be owned by root ?

    I've run out of things to try, Im done for now...later.
    Last edited by cecilpierce; September 7th, 2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: add

Page 68 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •