http://youtu.be/QpssKQCZQbw

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Wayland Live CD

Looks good.

Beans

Cheers cecil - works well - but it took me a while figuring out how to set the XDG_runtime thing up ........ was mentioned a lot
    in the previous threads ...... and when you go search on it - there is a hornets nest of things being said about how and where
    is should be set up ..... seems its still not been finalized yet - but I may be wrong on that one ...........

Will wait for darxus to let us know as he seems to be quite well involved with it all ........

Search on darxus and the XDG_runtime 2014

https://www.google.com/search?q=darx...G_runtime+2014

Maybe there is more information somewhere else - but I have not really dug that deep yet
    just getting back into it - and have loaded all the qt5 things in again ......

Is looking more interesting now though and gnome-shell runs well - have downloaded 3.10 and
    am running it in saucy ...... but I should not really as it sends my processor a bit barmy ......

The 7 cores all dance around in unison and I am sure they should not be doing that ..... but
    that is my bad ...... and my risk .......

Will play some more till either something breaks or something settles down again ......

Just looking at this now .........

http://vignatti.com/

video is here to it

http://youtu.be/EJB2pznc6iY
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; February 14th, 2014 at 05:02 AM.

Beans

Beans

Cheers for the link ..... there are also some articles there on the other wayland things ....... will have a good read before
    going and testing out what they say.

Here is a video of Enlightenment running ......

http://youtu.be/CMMlI2OKGW0

am watching the cores on the processor
    also show what happened in the gnome-shell from screenshots ...... as I say this is in
    saucy and they say it should be run in the later version.

I may do a distribution upgrade at some point ..... but for now will stick with what I have running
    Wireless is not working in nearly everything and the only problem left for me really to sort out
    so that this is my main system is the sound ....... although I have had it working in the Wayland
    gnome-shell ....... it does not seem to want to work in any other desktop.

Must be something basic ....... but I have yet to see what .........

Am getting the following now ......

14/02/2014 16:51:51 keith-Aspire-7730ZG pulseaudio[24080] [autospawn] core-util.c: Failed to create secure directory (/tmp/wayland/pulse): Permission denied

possibly something to do with me altering the XDG_runtime
    but who knows .....
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; February 14th, 2014 at 08:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Keith, maybe ask nerdopolis about the XDG_ runtime, he is on the #wayland IRC most of the time or here.

I seem to have sound and it works in firefox.

See the Veromix, it adds firefox alsa, weird!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cecilpierce; February 14th, 2014 at 09:20 PM.

Beans

Cheers Cecil ..... you know I do not like IRC can never understand what is going on in them or how
    they ever get anywhere .......

But I will continue on my quest to find out why the xdg_runtime is such a PITA ....... for all of this.

Will look too at the sound system you are using as that looks good too .........

May also try to compile the Alsa drivers into this see if that will make any difference ....... odd as
    I have or had sound in the Wayland Gnome-shell ......... I also seem to have sorted all my problems
    with wireless out on this machine now for this distro and it is running ever so well.

Once I have sound I can switch completely over to it and start to get more done ...... but at the moment
    am hopping between two or 3 distros now ........ not that its much different to any other time when I
    am on here ....... but its annoying when I want to listen to someone who is doing a video on Wayland
    and have to jump out of wayland to go somewhere else to actually listen to them.

Are you running ALSA or pulseaudio or OSS on yours now ........ does it say on the mixer what
    you are connected through ........

I know the drivers will work for this computer as they are set up in other distros ........ but I have had
    this problem before ...... go from one distro or kernel to another one and things change drastically.

Seems to be early on in the boot sequence that something is not happening and that error that I showed
    seems to be part of the problem ......... but it still had no sound even before altering the xdg_runtime
    so for me - it may be something else that is not quite set up as it should be.

Its knowing how to track it down - and then knowing what action to take that will fix it ..........

Have already tried a re-install of the Kernel ...... the write permission for security reasons .........

Now that looks like its been blocked by another set of programs or write access ........ to the tmp directory

pulseaudio[24080] [autospawn] core-util.c: Failed to create secure directory (/tmp/wayland/pulse): Permission denied

Its something I will keep looking around for - maybe a search will give some clues.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tm...search&start=0

Beans

Any chance for an Enlightenment alpha session in the iso?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Gonewild View Post
    Any chance for an Enlightenment alpha session in the iso?
    It has a nested Enlightenment to try out for now.

p.s.
    Just noticed you can run it from a tty with sudo lightdm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cecilpierce; February 14th, 2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: add

Beans

Time to really break things - just doing the dist-upgrade into trusty.

That version of enlightenment come back with 17.3 ..... on the screen about it .......

Did the report say they were now at version 19.

Page 111 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast