Thread: Boot error

Beans

Boot error

when i start up my computer the only thing it says is BOOT ERROR. This occoured after i had my computer on "sleep" mode while i wasnt using it. This is worrying me. I was wondering if any of you ubuntu ninjas out there could help me out and figure out a solution to this issue.

Beans

Re: Boot error

I think you should boot with a live cd or usb, install boot-repair, run it (while being connected to internet) and post the pastebin link it gives you. It is also capable of fixing some basic problems automatically, so you may not need to manually troubleshoot the issue at all.

In case you are not connected to internet while running it, it should create a "Results.txt" file in root's home (but I'm not sure about the name or exact location of the file). Search it and post back its contents.

PS:
    I may not be able to get back anytime soon, so if anyone has any ideas, please join the thread.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans

Thank you so much for being brave and replying. I discovered my issue was that my computer was attempting to boot from a flash drive i had plugged into my computer and not the hard drive... please post how to mark a thread as solved in your response. Thanks

-meathdeath

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by meathdeath View Post
    please post how to mark a thread as solved in your response.
    Above the first post there is "Thread Tools" menu. The option to mar your thread as [solved] is located in that menu.

Description with screenshots on 'How to mark threads as [solved]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnansweredPo.../SolvedThreads
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags