Thread: Upgraded to Firefox 9 and all of a sudden spell check is totally screwed up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Upgraded to Firefox 9 and all of a sudden spell check is totally screwed up

Now what? I have used Ubuntu Firefox for years and never ever have I encountered this.

Beans

Re: Upgraded to Firefox 9 and all of a sudden spell check is totally screwed up

Quote Originally Posted by Jerriy View Post
    Now what? I have used Ubuntu Firefox for years and never ever have I encountered this.
    I answered your question in your other post. No need to post twice.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No sammiev, your answer didn't help me and that other thread is declared solved by the OP or whoever (while my problem remains unsolved).

I still have the problem of the latest ubuntu browser automatically selecting languages for me instead of the way it used to be (I MANUALLY select the language for the purpose of spell check and the setting will REMAIN in that language until I CHANGE it to another language. That was the default for years but all of a sudden I am now confronted with a new defalult: the system chooses it's own language and all too often it is the wrong language that is detected and selected.

I want the old setting (100% manual default) back.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I would also like to know about Firefox and it's default language for spell-check. For some reason, Firefox always uses Aussie English instead of US English. Who do I have to slap around here to change the default spell-check language to the one I have chosen for the rest of my system, as I've done my entire life of using computers? [/rant]
    This APT has Super Cow Powers.
    If I'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr