Thread: Moving to Georgia

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Moving to Georgia

Hi to all the Ubuntu Georgia folks!

I am moving from Maine to Savannah in about a weeks time and just wanted to say hello.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Moving to Georgia

Hi. What part of the state will you be living in?

It's probably a bit of a change from Maine, but hopefully you will enjoy it here

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertux View Post
    Hi. What part of the state will you be living in?

It's probably a bit of a change from Maine, but hopefully you will enjoy it here
    Savannah. I do know it will be warmer, a lot warmer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by claydoh View Post
    Savannah. I do know it will be warmer, a lot warmer

Savannah is gorgeous, you'll love it. Lot of fun stuff to do there, great food too. I live in the Atlanta area but have visited Savannah many times, truly wonderful place. Good luck with your move. I know it can be a pain, but I hope it goes smoothly.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertux View Post
    Savannah is gorgeous, you'll love it. Lot of fun stuff to do there, great food too. I live in the Atlanta area but have visited Savannah many times, truly wonderful place. Good luck with your move. I know it can be a pain, but I hope it goes smoothly.
    It will be painful somewhat, mostly due to the circumstances surrounding the it. But, being a new year and all, it seems like it will be a good thing in the long run, and perhaps puts me physically closer to more Ubuntu and Kubuntu users ;D

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by claydoh View Post
    It will be painful somewhat, mostly due to the circumstances surrounding the it. But, being a new year and all, it seems like it will be a good thing in the long run, and perhaps puts me physically closer to more Ubuntu and Kubuntu users ;D

Hopefully, I know there are quite a few active Linux/Ubuntu users around Atlanta, not sure about Savannah, but you will have to look around and see for yourself. I've gone there on vacation , so I don't go around asking people about Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Welcome to Georgia. All that's been said about Savannah is true. It is 250 miles from where I live in Newnan, Ga. but I have enjoyed my trips there.

The nice part of Georgia is the diversity. There has been a saying about there being 2 Georgia's. There is the Metro Atlanta area and then there is the rest of Georgia. You have the mountains which are an easy drive away and then the coast, which is where you will be. There is a lot is history here, Savannah being about the earliest area.

The mosquito's here, if viewed under a microscope, are nothing but teeth and wings, beware! You will also encounter the "dog day afternoons" (picture an old hound dog with it's tongue hanging out and panting in the heat) in the summer, but that is just how it is.

I do not know of any Ubuntu groups around but I know there are a few users very close to where I live. I found them here on the forums.