Thread: force drivers

Beans

force drivers

I am using Ubuntu 11.10. I was trying to install my Canon Pixma ip4700 printer. I use Ubuntu like windows 99% of the time us software center to install everything and sometimes SYM too. Went I do use the terminal it is copy and past. The last time I instilled this printer I copy and pasted to force drivers that a MR Dave had posted and it work OK for printing. But on Ubuntu 11.10 it did work. Tried a couple of times. Then went to SYM and typed in Canon a found something that said ip4700 and installed that and it also installed a lot of other things. Printer is now working fine. Went I force drivers and they didn't work where did they go and will they mess something up? I went to SYM Status, not installed(residual confi(could see the rest) and it had what I think were the drivers and removed them. Think I should backup and do a clean install just to make shore I did mess anything up? Everthing seems to be working fine.
    Thanks and God Bless Johnny3 65++
    PS hope you can 1/2 way under stand what I am trying to ask.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: force drivers

In your case I would say if its not broke, don't fix it

Beans

Thanks. That what this old man thinks too kind of too.
    Happy New Year and God Bless Johnny3 65+++

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Hi, if your computer is working good it is best to leave it as it is it should not cause any problems.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

+1 for not messing with it. If you have other drivers on there that are not being used, all they are doing is taking up a very very small amount of space on your drive. If the are not activated, they are not doing any damage, and if the thing is working right and they are activated, then everything is fine. Leave it alone and enjoy it.
    Michael