Thread: GLabel Won't Print Text

Beans

GLabel Won't Print Text

I installed GLabel ver 2.1.2-2 in Dapper and cannot get it to print text on the labels. All operations of the software work as anticipated (including printing of text blocks and label margins) however, when I go to print the labels the paper feeds as expected but text is never printed. This occurs on two seperate printers - a LaserJet 6L & Epson Stylus Color 740 - both of which print text properly from other programs (OO2, and the system printer test). Also, there are no error messages or conditions displayed.

The program was installed, removed and reinstalled utilizing synaptic with no error or unusual conditions and no change in results.

Beans

Re: GLabel Won't Print Text

Have done some further investigation while attempting to contact the programmers and found out the following: The current STABLE version of GLabel is 2.0.4 and the latest UNSTABLE version is 2.1.3 (one version later than that available thru syanaptic)! Does anyone know where or how I can get any information to arrive at operable software? (Wonder why ubuntu went this route anyway?)

Beans

Latest attempt was to load the stable version of glabels (2.0.2-3) which made absolutely no difference; reloaded the printer - no difference. What really throws me is that everything prints correctly except Text!. Are there any ideas out there - I don't know where to go from here.

Beans

HOORAY! I finally determined that GLabels will only print UTF-8 fonts - all others seem to cause this problem! This would seem to only permit traditional (Microslop) fonts when printing with this program.