Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no full-size bluetooth mice?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Why no full-size bluetooth mice?

Why are all bluetooth mice made so tiny? They called them notebook mice, but in reality there is no reason for the smaller size. there is no need for a travel size mouse, A mouse is pretty much travel size in full form.

I'm in the market for a decent 5 button bluetooth mouse but unfortunately it seems all of them are tiny two/three button mice.
    Logitech seems to make only one bluetooth mouse while the rest of their line needs some stupid usb dongle. Its very annoying.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Why no full-size bluetooth mice?

I used to have a full size Microsoft bluetooth mouse. I hated it. It was way more sporadic than a wireless one.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I have one of those wireless Logitech mice with the USB dongle thingies. The dongle is so tiny as to be unnoticeable (there's even a space to fit it inside the mouse when traveling), and it is a really high quality mouse. The hyper scrolling feature is especially most excellent. Here's the one I have:

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/mice-p...e/devices/7108

By the way, this one is a 6 button mouse (back/forward buttons on side plus a thumb button). If you're using compiz it's easy to program those buttons to do all sorts of cool things.
    Last edited by treesurf; December 23rd, 2011 at 02:55 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Why should I need another dongle? I have Bluetooth why add another radio signal? Logitech makes great stuff but they don't have what I'm looking for. I might as well just use a wired mouse.

All I'm saying is where are all the full size Bluetooth mice?

Beans

There aren't may of them, because for non advanced users, the USB dongles are easier to use and less problematic than bluetooth, even though bluetooth certainly has its advantages, so manufacturers just stick to USB. If you're willing to spend $70, this seems like one of the only full size ones on Newegg, though it's probably overkill for your purposes (maybe not though): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826153073
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

aeronutt is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Beans

I got this combo:
    http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/keyboa...s/devices/3481

No dongle needed. This includes Logitech top of the line mouse, totally love it for gaming.

Having said this, there are a two problems:
    - The keyboard cuts the bluetooth connection when you are not typing, even if u stopped typing for a few minutes. It takes about 10 seconds for it to re-connect when you want to type again. Extremely annoying. Maybe it is because I am using it with Ubuntu (naturally it is not certified for that)

- The scrollwheel on all "advanced" Logitech mice is designed for extra-fast scrolling, it is almost unusable as middle button. I like to click middle button for paste and open new browser tab.

if you are still interested I got this brand-new MX5500 sitting here that I have no use for...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Shompol View Post
    I got this combo:
    http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/keyboa...s/devices/3481

No dongle needed. This includes Logitech top of the line mouse, totally love it for gaming.

Having said this, there are a two problems:
    - The keyboard cuts the bluetooth connection when you are not typing, even if u stopped typing for a few minutes. It takes about 10 seconds for it to re-connect when you want to type again. Extremely annoying. Maybe it is because I am using it with Ubuntu (naturally it is not certified for that)

- The scrollwheel on all "advanced" Logitech mice is designed for extra-fast scrolling, it is almost unusable as middle button. I like to click middle button for paste and open new browser tab.

if you are still interested I got this brand-new MX5500 sitting here that I have no use for...
    The button right under the scroll wheel should lock/unlock the wheel for slowr/faster performance. My G500 does that at least.

i'm surprised you want to get rid of that combo I really only need a mouse. Shame logitch doesn't sell it alone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Haa I was just complaining about this topic today at microcenter.

They never carry any of these
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Apple's Bluetooth mice are full size. I assume they'll work with other OSes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast