Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LibreOffice on Ubuntu 10.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

LibreOffice on Ubuntu 10.04

I am currently using Ubuntu 10.04.2. In the default repositories, LibreOffice isn't there, so how do I install it?

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: LibreOffice on Ubuntu 10.04

Quote Originally Posted by flurospar View Post
    I am currently using Ubuntu 10.04.2. In the default repositories, LibreOffice isn't there, so how do I install it?

Thanks in advance.
    Here's the site for the ppa along with instructions

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/install-li...using-ppa.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I get version 3.3.2 after adding the PPA. Is that the latest? I dont think so

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by flurospar View Post
    I get version 3.3.2 after adding the PPA. Is that the latest? I dont think so
    Current release is 3.4; you're right. I think that you can download and install from the site though

http://www.libreoffice.org/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

no you can't. the deb file found on libre office will not install. i also tried it. at the moment i have 3.3.2

so much for Long Term SUPPORT...
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    User friendly disk backup: Redobackup

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    so much for Long Term SUPPORT...
    Long Term Support is only applicable for Ubuntu 10.04. Not for external programs/tools. Long Term Support only means that the LTS version will be supported for 3 years (desktop) and 5 years (server) by Canonical. It has nothing to do with LibreOffice or other programs.

If you can't install LibreOffice on your system, the fault should be found on your system. Do you get any error messages during/after your attempt to install LibreOffice? If so, please post them here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by crazy bird View Post
    Long Term Support is only applicable for Ubuntu 10.04. Not for external programs/tools. Long Term Support only means that the LTS version will be supported for 3 years (desktop) and 5 years (server) by Canonical. It has nothing to do with LibreOffice or other programs.
    I know but this also means that bugfixes (Libre office has plenty bug fixes of OOo) don't get in the software which is part fo distribution. again no point instaying with LTS if same bugs will stay for the duration of the term.
    If you can't install LibreOffice on your system, the fault should be found on your system. Do you get any error messages during/after your attempt to install LibreOffice? If so, please post them here.
    i used .deb file. dependencies were not met. I plan to do full post (new topic) when i find the time. for the moment i used PPA which again is only 3.3.2 available for 10.10 version.

to the OP if you have a bit more time than me during this for me hectic month please post the error output. if you used .deb files from LO site then you likely have same issue as me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

And when you use this PPA, don't you get the latest updates for LibreOffice?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I will check again at home but i think it will give this libreoffice 1:3.3.2-1ubuntu2~maverick1

1:3.3.2-1ubuntu2~maverick1

for 10.10. and i think this PPA is what i use. As i understand only newer versions of Ubuntu get newer package.

Also 3.4.4 is latest version, however i have issues with it when i conver documents from MS Word 2003. I actually need previous version stable 3.3.4

installing whatever version to a 2001 OS (winXP) is so easy , why can't it be so easy for 2010 OS?

ah, in April/May 2012 the Linux box get's an upgrade to new version...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

That link i gave you, provides repo's from Ubuntu 10.04 up to 11.04. So selecting the correct version and you get the correct PPA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast