Thread: Unity - changed wallpaper, but screensaver still has the old one

Beans

Unity - changed wallpaper, but screensaver still has the old one

I think this is weird, maybe someone can tell me what to do.

This morning, I decided it was time to change my wallpaper from a Fall look to Winter. I had been using one of the standard Oneiric wallpapers, the one of the sidewalk and park bench with all the Fall colors. So, I found a beautiful snowy scene on interfacelift.com and saved it to my Pictures directory. Then I used the Appearance applet to set it as my wallpaper.

I thought it worked without a hitch. But, when I went to breakfast and get dressed, then came back and the screen lock had kicked in, the background is still the Fall scene. When I entered my password and unlocked, it went back to my new Winter scene.

I would like it to also show the new wallpaper when the screen is locked. How should I do that?

Note that I am not talking about the LightDM background, which is still the standard bumpy purple screen.

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans

Re: Unity - changed wallpaper, but screensaver still has the old one

Anyone?

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Unity - changed wallpaper, but screensaver still has the old one

I'm guessing you haven't rebooted in the intervening time... You need to log out and back in for the screensaver wallpaper to update.

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Unity - changed wallpaper, but screensaver still has the old one

Quote Originally Posted by thaelim View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't rebooted in the intervening time... You need to log out and back in for the screensaver wallpaper to update.
    That was it. Thanks very much, thaelim.