Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Partitioning Drive and Installing Ubuntu

Beans

Re: Partitioning Drive and Installing Ubuntu

Yea Windows 7 is 64 bit. Also I have no Idea what HP tools are - so probably no.
    Graphics Card: VGA Compatible controller
    Intel Corporation 82845G/GL[Brookdale-G]/GE Chipset Integrated Graphics device
    Subsystem: Dell Device 0160

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I once had an HP laptop and never ever used those...
    so you can go ahead and delete the HP tools partition and then move the Recovery partition to the end of the hard disk. Also if you want i can do the installation for you (i will give you a link for a remote control program) i had this idea of helping for a longer time if newbies do not understand how to deal with everything. And i won't have to write so many things...you always learn it way faster when something is shown to you how it is done.

If you want me to do the install i will gladly do so (this will spare me alot of writing and explaining) here is a link for the program http://www.teamviewer.com/download/v..._linux_x64.deb when installed you can run it. It will display two numbers, your ID (it stays permanent) and a password (it changes every time you open and close the program). Install the program and write me a PM with the numbers. I will then take control of your PC and make the install for you, explainig in a text program what i am doing.
    i5 2500k @ 4.4 GHz | MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | Gigabyte GTX 570 (OC) 1280 MB GDDR5 | Alpenföhn Himalaya | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB CL9 RAM | Be quiet! Straight Power BQT-E9 700W | NZXT Lexa S | Monitor - ASUS ML248H 24"

Beans

Ok, ill PM you the ID and pass

Beans

Umm installation failed

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by owenisred View Post
    Umm installation failed
    >.< did you try again? maybe the 32 bit version of the program will work... link: http://www.teamviewer.com/download/v...ewer_linux.deb
    i5 2500k @ 4.4 GHz | MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | Gigabyte GTX 570 (OC) 1280 MB GDDR5 | Alpenföhn Himalaya | Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB CL9 RAM | Be quiet! Straight Power BQT-E9 700W | NZXT Lexa S | Monitor - ASUS ML248H 24"

Beans
    Distro

alright i set up the install for you. Now edit your thread by choosing the Forum tools at the top and mark the thread as [SOLVED]

regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12