Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Karmic repository

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    29

    Karmic repository

    Hello, I have a old server with Karmic. I need to install a new package, but I notice that my Karmic repository disappear.

    Is there any Karmic repository online?

    Thanks and best regards.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Reykjavk, sland
    Beans
    13,688
    Distro
    Xubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

    Re: Karmic repository

    The repository is gone, because Karmic is out of support.

    Have you thought of a fresh install of a supported release?
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    8,627
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Karmic repository

    Karmic reached its end at the end of April this year. You'll probably want to upgrade to a LTS version since that will give 5 years of support. 10.10 (Maverick) will be supported on the server through 2015, but 12.04 when it comes out should be supported through 2017.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    29

    Re: Karmic repository

    Hello thanks for your replies.

    I know that Karmic is not supported, but I want to know if there is a old repository online. I just need to install one packages.

    I will upgrade the 12.04 version.

    Thanks and best regards.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Beans
    519

    Re: Karmic repository

    Quote Originally Posted by jlazkano View Post
    Hello, I have a old server with Karmic. I need to install a new package, but I notice that my Karmic repository disappear.

    Is there any Karmic repository online?

    Thanks and best regards.
    try this:

    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

    comment out every line with a # (or simply remove them)

    then add the following lines:

    Code:
    deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic main restricted universe multiverse
    deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates main restricted universe multiverse
    deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-security main restricted universe multiverse
    deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-backports main restricted universe multiverse

    the repositories have been moved here http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/ with all the other EOL releases.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Reykjavk, sland
    Beans
    13,688
    Distro
    Xubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

    Re: Karmic repository

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars Noodn View Post
    10.10 (Maverick) will be supported on the server through 2015
    No, 10.10 is supported until april 2012 on both desktop and server.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Beans
    519

    Re: Karmic repository

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgs View Post
    No, 10.10 is supported until april 2012 on both desktop and server.
    I think he meant 10.04, but it's still a 3 year LTS, the first LTS that will have 5 year support will be 12.04.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    29

    Re: Karmic repository

    Quote Originally Posted by waynefoutz View Post
    try this:

    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

    comment out every line with a # (or simply remove them)

    then add the following lines:

    Code:
    deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic main restricted universe multiverse
    deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-updates main restricted universe multiverse
    deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-security main restricted universe multiverse
    deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ karmic-backports main restricted universe multiverse

    the repositories have been moved here http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/ with all the other EOL releases.
    Thanks!

    This repository works great, I just installed the package.

    Best regards.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •