Thread: Problem with Firefox (?) or java (?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Problem with Firefox (?) or java (?)

Hi Unbuntu Community:

I was on a web site this morning using Firefox 3.6.24 (Firefox for Ubuntu Canonical).

There were some check boxes and things like that on the web page that I know work, but did not even show on the web site while I was using Firefoxy.

I logged onto the web site with a Mac... and those check boxes etc were there!

How do I get Firefox to behave and show what the webmaster has posted on their site in a 100% reliable way??

Many thanks,
    Phil de Duluthistan GA

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Problem with Firefox (?) or java (?)

try another browser in your linux mashcine (for example chromium) to know if the issue is browser specific or not.

then you can try to install sun java instead of default open source java which is not really fully compatible with sun java programmes.
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

The Firefox version you are using is obsolete. Try to install a newer version, depending of course of your Ubuntu version.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirefoxNewVersion

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by BC59 View Post
    The Firefox version you are using is obsolete. Try to install a newer version, depending of course of your Ubuntu version.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirefoxNewVersion
    That version of Firefox is not obsolete and it is still supported. However, there are indeed more recent versions with new features and improvements, available through a ppa. See Firefox 8 & Beyond Mega Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Smith View Post
    How do I get Firefox to behave and show what the webmaster has posted on their site in a 100% reliable way??
    Firefox is one of the best browsers in terms of adhering to web standards. The problem is most likely caused by the person who coded the site. Unless you provide a link, we can't check it out to provide a solution.