Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best backup/sync program?

Beans

Re: best backup/sync program?

I've trusted back in time for the last 4 years for my photography and it worked out just fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

You may need to try FreeFileSync. http://sourceforge.net/projects/freefilesync

it is the best sync application ever, it's even better than the most of backup/sync MST Windows applications. Whatever your need from a sync software, u will find FreeFileSync useful as it's easy, flexible, fast and full of essential syncronization options. Before I use it, I was switching to Windows in a dualboot PC, just to do sync jobs to my external USB HD, but now, I don't know how my Windows looks like

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

This is an old thread, but if anyone is interested, Luckybackup is pretty good. It's a nice graphical front end to rsync, and it sounds like it would be perfect for the OP.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I love grsync, fast and only the files are copied that changed. Also every file can be accessed in it's normal path. No need to restore everything to just get a few files or folders.Just read a bit about the options before using be careful of the delete on destination box as if you make a mistake files are gone. I backup all of /Home which is 160GB 2x a week and it takes a very few minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12