Thread: terminal ?

Beans

terminal ?

first i install zorin OS its a linux OS made from ubuntu and its is LXDE, so when i started to open terminal it says LXterminal, so my question is, is there defrence between lxde terminal gnome terminal ?
    and is commands are the same on any linux system, are terminals are the same in any kind of linux such lxde or gnome or xfce or mayabe NOT UBUNTU so my other question is, is there is defrence between ubuntu and fedora or openSUSe or anyother terminal ?
    thanks for reading.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: terminal ?

Quote Originally Posted by ahmedsmot View Post
    first i install zorin OS its a linux OS made from ubuntu and its is LXDE, so when i started to open terminal it says LXterminal, so my question is, is there defrence between lxde terminal gnome terminal ?
    and is commands are the same on any linux system, are terminals are the same in any kind of linux such lxde or gnome or xfce or mayabe NOT UBUNTU so my other question is, is there is defrence between ubuntu and fedora or openSUSe or anyother terminal ?
    thanks for reading.
    Lxterminal is same to use . Fedora ubuntu and opensuse command line is very much the same with the exception of some minor differences

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

thanks for reading.
    They have their own little flair which makes it unique. They do the same thing as far a command line interface (CLI)
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate || My WIKI
    ---------------------------

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

and is commands are the same on any linux system, are terminals are the same in any kind of linux such lxde or gnome or xfce or mayabe NOT UBUNTU so my other question is, is there is defrence between ubuntu and fedora ...
    They are the same. There will be some very minor differences between distros in general, if any. About the only major difference you will find is that some distros use the RPM package manager and others use APT. Red Hat / Fedora use RPM. Ubuntu / Debian uses APT.

Beans

thanks for answering