Thread: Post Y2K Crisis Game

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Post Y2K Crisis Game

The year: 2000

All computers have shut themselves down because they know that computers were none existent in 1000. There is NO way to build an new computer because every new computer will refuse to power on because the mere idea of working when computers are none existent is impossible.

It is now present day, and society hasn't had computers (nor any electronic devices which require a clock) for (how many years it's been since 2000) years

Your mission: You must overcome the obstacle presented by the poster before you and then give the poster after you your own problem caused by Y2K.

First problem: I need to get a letter to France by tomorrow morning.
    Which is more important in obtaining the truth, "what" or "why"? Trick question. They are of equal importance.
    Freely ye have received, freely give.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Post Y2K Crisis Game

I fly it across the ocean and bring it to a post office in France.

I need to read the contents of a few CDs and DVDs.
    Say no to Microsoft. Say yes to open source.

Beans

I hand you a magnifying glass. Good luck.

I want to shut down Ubuntu without touching the mouse.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by IWantFroyo View Post
    I hand you a magnifying glass. Good luck.

I want to shut down Ubuntu without touching the mouse.
    Wow, that one's easy. Ubuntu's not on (except in the few handheld devices I've encountered which have no internal clocks. In which case, they're handheld so they wouldn't require a mouse.)

I wish to compare prices on airline for a trip to Mexico.
    Which is more important in obtaining the truth, "what" or "why"? Trick question. They are of equal importance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

The computers in the type of aircraft required to really have airlines with comparable prices fall into the 'problem' category so it's really just private operators using the relics that didn't have computers, or had such electronics minus clock, and I put you in touch with as many as I can find by riding around on my pre-1999 motor-scooter. Two, right next door to each other, brothers or something.

I found an old 8086 with a dead battery and it actually starts up thinking that it's 1970 but you literally have to hack it into booting from any drive whatsoever and if you crack the hard drive all it's got is Dos 6.22 and Win3.11, not quite enough for DNF.

Can you get me one last round of Duke Nukem Forever?
    NEED HELP? | [SOLVED] | MS hide
    A little nonsense now and then...
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by robsoles View Post
    The computers in the type of aircraft required to really have airlines with comparable prices fall into the 'problem' category so it's really just private operators using the relics that didn't have computers, or had such electronics minus clock, and I put you in touch with as many as I can find by riding around on my pre-1999 motor-scooter. Two, right next door to each other, brothers or something.

I found an old 8086 with a dead battery and it actually starts up thinking that it's 1970 but you literally have to hack it into booting from any drive whatsoever and if you crack the hard drive all it's got is Dos 6.22 and Win3.11, not quite enough for DNF.

Can you get me one last round of Duke Nukem Forever?
    To embrace stereotypes and good will among the nations (The Internet doesn't exist) all governments have decided to host a miss universe contest where foreigners (of their respective states) are encouraged to date their women.

I want to play second life.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Post Y2K.
    Now it's Y2.038K.