Thread: How do i get the old menu look back

Beans

How do i get the old menu look back

How do i get the old menu look back pl, i cant find the terminal, have to search for it everytime...
    affordable hosting at xpindia.com
    Registered linux user #397629

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: How do i get the old menu look back

When you login you need to select ubutnu GNOME

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...46&postcount=6

might help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by yndesai View Post
    When you login you need to select ubutnu GNOME

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...46&postcount=6

might help
    I think Gnome Classic or Gnome Classic - no effects is what you're thinking about. If you don't have it, you'll need the package 'gnome-session-fallback' installed first. This will still not restore full functionality of the old gnome 2. There is an ongoing thread titled something like 'gnome classic megathread' or something like that with tips & tweak. Other people have either installed the Xfce-desktop package from the repos or installed Xubuntu get get back to a more familiar UI. Mint 12 is either available as a full distro or there is an extension available to 'put a Mint12 face on Gnome 3 shell'. Some people prefer Mint 12's UI over Unity or Gnome-shell. There are many choices, only you know which one best suits your style.
    Last edited by kurt18947; December 8th, 2011 at 07:18 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Surfer View Post
    How do i get the old menu look back pl, i cant find the terminal, have to search for it everytime...
    I believe that once you have the terminal window on your desktop, you can drag it over to the launcher -- and then get an option to create a launcher button for it. That way, you can just click the launcher button instead of searching for it.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

If you want 11.04 04 11.10 to look like 10.10, then look at this sticky thread

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1859961

If you are using 11.04 or 11.10 and want easy access to the terminal, then open the Dash and type terminal in the search bar and then drag the terminal icon onto the launcher and the icon will be fixed in the launcher for ready use until you right click the icon and remove the tick mark against the line Keep in Launcher.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    If you want 11.04 04 11.10 to look like 10.10, then look at this sticky thread

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1859961

If you are using 11.04 or 11.10 and want easy access to the terminal, then open the Dash and type terminal in the search bar and then drag the terminal icon onto the launcher and the icon will be fixed in the launcher for ready use until you right click the icon and remove the tick mark against the line Keep in Launcher.

Regards.
    Thank you, i guess that will work for other programs as well.
    affordable hosting at xpindia.com
    Registered linux user #397629