Thread: Pidgin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Pidgin

I've installed Pidgin and uninstalled Empathy. Im unable to view the CHAT in the drop-down menu of the envelope in system tray, though I'm able to change the status (available,busy ...) . Pidgin also doesnt show unread messages when chatting ( how am I supposed to know that I have an unread message, empathy used to notify me by making the envelope blue, i have to keep checking pidgin app).

I couldn't find a way to mark pidgin as default chat client ( will it would be automatically done)
    Last edited by mavenuparker; December 3rd, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
    maven u parker

Beans

Re: Pidgin

Quote Originally Posted by mavenuparker View Post
    I've installed Pidgin and uninstalled Empathy. Im unable to view the CHAT in the drop-down menu of the envelope in system tray, though I'm able to change the status (available,busy ...) . Pidgin also doesnt show unread messages when chatting ( how am I supposed to know that I have an unread message, empathy used to notify me by making the envelope blue, i have to keep checking pidgin app).

I couldn't find a way to mark pidgin as default chat client ( will it would be automatically done)
    Did you add the PPA for that Application and then update your system?

It is about 1/2 the way down the list:

https://debianhelp.wordpress.com/201...neiric-ocelot/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Pidgin

Hey thanks for the reply. It dint work though. But found a fix at http://askubuntu.com/questions/67312...stem-tray-icon

The second solution worked for me.
    Last edited by mavenuparker; December 4th, 2011 at 06:10 PM.
    maven u parker