Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Artwork in Hoary Today

Beans

New Artwork in Hoary Today

Looks like we got the clearlooks theme everyone (including myself) thought should be the new default. Looks great!

A new version of the "chocolate" wallpaper, as well.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: New Artwork in Hoary Today

Ooh! I didn't notice the new chocolate wallpaper. Nice!

Beans

You know... One thing I've always wondered. Why doesn't the Human theme automatically select the Human icons as well? I must always go into the theme details and select them. No big deal really, just curious. Is this a bug in gnome? Seems like it's been like that forever.

Beans
    Hidden!

I don't think the default human theme was ever supposed to include the human icons, though I could be wrong. When I first installed Warty, the human icons weren't even there if I remember correctly.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by panickedthumb
    I don't think the default human theme was ever supposed to include the human icons, though I could be wrong. When I first installed Warty, the human icons weren't even there if I remember correctly.
    Sounds about right. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by J. S. Jackson
    Sounds about right. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
    Now all we need is the ettiquette icon theme to reach final and hope they replace the ugly stock icons in nautilus etc. I also hope they use River as the new metacity theme, it is SWEET with the new human.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Gnobody
    Now all we need is the ettiquette icon theme to reach final and hope they replace the ugly stock icons in nautilus etc. I also hope they use River as the new metacity theme, it is SWEET with the new human.
    I never could understand why they had green folder icons for default in gnome. Gnome added the Glider theme, but never made any new icons. Those green folders look retarded with nearly every theme I've tried! Surely they could use a more neutral color that wont clash with EVERY theme?

Beans
    Hidden!

I like the Edge icons for that purpose. They're white so they don't clash with anything.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

'Stock Icons' in 'Icon Themes' have been broken for years, which is why they all do not change when you change icon themes, and why we've had to tediously put iconrc's in gtk themes to get the proper stock icons for a uniform look. This happened when someone had the bright idea that nautilus/gtk should control the stock icons, the thought died, and the stock icons were not restored in Icon Themes. So the default is loaded.

This did a lot of damage because now that stock icons are being restored with the new gtk dir in icon themes....
    http://www.gnome-look.org/content/sh...?content=14260
    ...so many themes do not have these icons at all much less with the right names. I mean, why make stock icons if they do not work right?

So now there is no excuse for a distro to NOT release even a default Gnome Icon Theme with the blue highcolor navigation stock icons so that we don't get the green. I still to this day haven't found the location of these green stock icons despite using slocate and doing endless searching. Anyone know?

Of course for a distro, this is great because they can now make stock navigation icons and put them in their own default icon theme so that we get a nice uniform look by default
    example:
    Human gtk
    Human Icons or Etiquette Icons
    if they had stock would mean no more green!

Gnome devel have already decided the default army icons will remain for the 2.10 default.

I installed Ubuntu's Clearlooks engine pkg and was disappointed to find they didn't include a 'Human" version. I don't get that. Haven't made it yet? Takes all of 2 minutes so I can't imagine that is the case. Not going to? OK.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bvc
    I installed Ubuntu's Clearlooks engine pkg and was disappointed to find they didn't include a 'Human" version. I don't get that. Haven't made it yet? Takes all of 2 minutes so I can't imagine that is the case. Not going to? OK.
    Because it's in ubuntu-artwork (Human)! I think the gtkrc still needs some tweaking, but I love the new colors. Still brownish, but it feels much fresher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast