Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I love Unity!

Beans

I love Unity!

Just a note to anyone caring to read it, I LOVE Unity! Awesome work people, I love the productivity boost this interface has given my desktop. I've been with it since Alpha Natty, and am really impressed with how far it's come.

I've been a fan of compiz for years, partly with bling, but more so with the productivity my work gains from using it. I usually edit compiz with each install to suit my tastes, and love some of the small usability features included with Unity. Being able to hit the super key + the corresponding number to preview all the windows of an app is awesome. My only change has been to enable to right click option to zoom a particular window in the scale plugin.

Keep up the great work folks, and thanks for creating such an awesome forward moving distro!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: I love Unity!

Yay! A breath of fresh air, but not a support question.
    Thread moved to The Community Cafe.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Beans

Cheers, thanks for that. I'd like to start a support thread for Unity, where people can ask questions about it's basic use, etc. A lot of options with Unity take awhile to discover, and it would be great to have a clearly defined space people can ask about them. Where's the best place for this?

Unity is awesome, and I'd like to be able to give back to the community in support of this project. Ta

Beans

OK, come on , how did this thread get onto UF

Now seriously, come on folks what next people recommending Unity
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I wasn't sure about Unity at first, but it has grown on me and with a little tweaking it's excellent. I game Gnome Shell a shot, but it is simply too bare-bones for me to feel productive in, and the changes in window management/behavior left me cold.

So another positive voice for Unity, great work indeed.
    Acer Aspire X1930 running 11.10

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    OK, come on , how did this thread get onto UF

Now seriously, come on folks what next people recommending Unity
    Lol... yeah, it's a bit like that sometimes... there's WAY too much Unity-hate out there right now, as if people didn't have anything better to do. Any idea where the best place to start a Unity support forum is?
    Last edited by clegends; November 25th, 2011 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Changed views

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by clegends View Post
    Oh yeah... and what contributions have you made to Ubuntu lately? Bug reports, editing the wiki's maybe? Or is slamming Unity enough for you?

Disagreements are fine, and I respect not everyone likes Unity, but rather than bashing it, why not contribute something more positive to this thread? Ubuntu is a community project, please try and contribute something more positive to this community.

Good grief did you not pick up on the sarcasm ?

My post was lighthearted a poke at all the negative Unity posts
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Love it too, I think is one of the most intuitive Desktop experience ever.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Good grief did you not pick up on the sarcasm ?

My post was lighthearted a poke at all the negative Unity posts
    Not with reference to the OP, but in forums with international participation, anything other than plain, simple English can be misunderstood.

Beans
    Hidden!

Truth is, not even 100 metric tonnes of smug sarcasm can change the fact that
    Unity :: Desktop Environments as Hindenberg :: Blimps
    There are hundreds (thousands?) of linux distros out there.
    There are dozens (scores?) based on ubuntu.

Anyone else notice that NONE of them, no matter how obscure or esoteric, use Unity?
    It's open source, right?

Go ahead, say that distrowatch rankings mean nothing. Say that the fact that Canonical is hemorraging money is 'built into the business model'.

Keep whistling past the graveyard.
    Last edited by sffvba[e0rt; November 25th, 2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: language

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast