Thread: what will happen to Meego now that Intel has left it?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

what will happen to Meego now that Intel has left it?

i was disappointed to find out that intel has left the Meego project and is now supporting a new project called "Tizen". Tizen seems to be much farther behind Meego in terms of development progress, which doesnt make much sense to me, seeing as Intel had big plans for Meego. I'd love to see someone port the tablet version of Meego to some Android tablets (and for my HP touchpad), but i have a feeling that Meego is slowly going to fade away. shame, cause i thought it looked really promising.
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: what will happen to Meego now that Intel has left it?

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intel did bring a lot to that project. I hope they're able to keep up with the demand. I think it's a GREAT project. I don't use it b/c of the annoyance it presents for me (Something about trying to get rid of the need for folders and windows for each program and then having a need for them after all, just doesn't appease me). I still think they've come a long way. I would love to see this project in another 10 years.
    Which is more important in obtaining the truth, "what" or "why"? Trick question. They are of equal importance.
    Freely ye have received, freely give.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: what will happen to Meego now that Intel has left it?

there is still a chance to play with Meego a bit before it potentially dies off. there is a tablet called the "WeTab", which i think is made by a company based in Germany, that runs a custom version of Meego. ive seen some demos of it, and it looked pretty good. runs on an Intel Atom CPU @ 1.66GHz (dont know if its dual core, doesnt say), 1GB RAM, 16 or 32GB storage, 2 x USB slots, SDHC, a mini HDMI port, and microphone as well as a webcam. the coolest part may be that it can ran just about any program that is Linux compatible, including GTK+, Qt, Android, and Adobe AIR apps. seems like a Linux hacker's dream toy.
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire