Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Installing Epson Stylus Printer Wirelessly

Beans

Installing Epson Stylus Printer Wirelessly

I have just bought an epson stylus SX235w printer. I am new to linux and ubuntu. I have tried the avasys website and downloaded the correct driver from this website:
    http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/do...n-inkjet/escp/
    I have the packages in "downloads" but i dont know what the next step is. Please help. I am a complete newb.
    TovarishChump

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Installing Epson Stylus Printer Wirelessly

Have you tried attaching it by USB, assuming that is possible, to see if the printer is recognised already? Ubuntu often detects and can print using Epson machines with no further driver installation.

If that is so, you will simply need to follow the instructions for wireless printing in System->Administration->Printing if using the classic desktop, and wherever Printing is in unity.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    and wherever Printing is in unity.
    The printing utility comes up when you search for print, printing or printer in the dash.
    // Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

You could try using CUPS to install the printer.

Open a browser and enter "localhost:631"

Once that page comes up, use the menu option to Add a Printer.

When that opens, see if it lists your printer has having been discovered. IF it does, then choose it and continue through the menus and pages to add the printer and the drivers.

Suggest this because CUPS in 11.10 seems to do an especially good job of detecting networked printers.
    Ubuntu 20.04, Mint 19.10; MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans

No luck with finding a printer on CUPS (No printer detected). If I try to "add printer they ask me for a password and I am not a member. I can print on a wired connection via USB, however I want to print wirelessly. Bear in mind that the printer is completely new and the only usage it has had is wired to my Ubuntu computer. I also cannot scan even with a wired connection. I am also fairly new to Ubuntu. The wireless is working now, I think due to me installing the drivers form the Avasys website, however the wireless is still not working. Thanks for the previous suggestions but the issue still remains.
    Sorry if I'm saying stupid things, but I'm still getting used to ubuntu after years with mac.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hello
    Italian users have managed to solve the problems (scanner and wifi):
    http://translate.google.fr/translate...opic%3D11183.0

(original: http://www.linuxmint-italia.org/inde...pic=11183.0%29 )

I am thinking of buying this printer, so please confirm if it works for you ?
    Last edited by YannBuntu; December 8th, 2011 at 02:52 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Arrow Re: Installing Epson Stylus Printer Wirelessly

Dear all, I bought the Epson stylus sx235w and managed to make it work (all except the wifi):

1) connect the ink cartridges (if you don't the scanner won't work either)
    2) go to http://avasys.jp/eng/linux_driver/ , click on "All-In-One", select "sx235w", then at the bottom apply. This page will appear:

from this page, download the following packages:
    - "iscan-network-nt_1.1.0-2_i386.deb" (if your Ubuntu is 32bits) or "iscan-network-nt_1.1.0-2_amd64.deb" (if your Ubuntu is 64bits)
    - iscan-data_1.13.0-1_all.deb
    - iscan_2.28.1-3.ltdl7_i386.deb (32bits) or iscan_2.28.1-3.ltdl7_amd64.deb (64bits)

3) then come back at the top of the page, in the "Printer Driver" section, click on "Please refer to the page", another page will appear:

in this page, search "sx235w" and just below download the following package:
    epson-inkjet-printer-201108w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb (32bits) or epson-inkjet-printer-201108w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb (64bits)

4) Install those 4 packages by double-click on it, or via the "dpkg -i *.deb" command.

Nota1: i think the printing drivers is already in the Ubuntu repositories, which explains why some people can automatically use the printing but not the scanner function.
    Nota2: if you find a solution for the WIFI, please tell me

EDIT: i created 2 bug reports:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ds/+bug/909345
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...pr/+bug/909350
    Last edited by YannBuntu; December 28th, 2011 at 01:34 PM.

Beans

Hello, I bought sx235w and wifi setup the only option is to install Windows in VirtualBox on Linux. Unfortunately, Wine does not support USB at now. VirtualBox allows you to install the new firmware. Unfortunately, the printer is having problems with WPA. Even the new firmware and new installer enable the correct connection to the network only wifi with no security or WEP 13 character.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Hi tomkasz thanks for the tip. Where do you find the firmware?

Beans

Hello.
    Just install the first two options from Epson software (1 - driver and software, 2 - Network Management Software). In the VirtualBox set the network card in bridged mode with a physical card in the local network, so that the installer will be able to validate the connection to the wifi. After installing the application itself should propose an update if not, you must select the update entry from epson printer icon in the tray. During installation, the printer must be connected by USB. VirtualBox version licensed as Puel (extension pack) has the USB 2.0 support. When installing the printer firmware, update software will reset your sx235w, when the rates return to normal, you need to re-connect the printer in VirtualBox, the update will be continued. To simplify instalation and use, I recommend setting a fixed ip lease on the router for the printer. Using this printer and scanner by wifi in Ubuntu 10.04 is lots of fun . Both 32 and 64 bit works perfectly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast