I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 with 1GB ram and 80GB hard drive. I have installed an nVidia Geforce 6200TC graphics card and a Hauppauge HVR-1600 capture card. I have connected the computer to a Vizio TV using a DVI to HDMI cord from the video card. I did go into the bios and changed the setting to use the card and not the onboard video controller. I also tried using VGA on the card to the TV and VGA from the onboard video to the TV. I originally tried to install Mythbuntu. The screen was locking up with what I would call black & white columns that looked like they were divided into little boxes. Sometime it would show part of the Ubuntu color screen but most of the time no. Some how I messed up the Windows XP that was on the computer. So I then tried to install Ubuntu 11.10. It will load from the CD and install. At the end when the computer is ready to reboot I remove the CD and enter. The computer reboots but it is filled with the black & white columns again. During the install I have told the software to get new drivers and also to not get the new drivers. No change. I thought that the problem was with the nVidia drivers. So I downloaded the drivers in Linux but can not extract using a Windows computer. Currently the Ubuntu is unusable. Does anyone have any suggestions? More memory? What? I have installed Ubuntu 10.04 on an old laptop and it went perfect. I need help.