Thread: Concrete5 and Ubuntu 10

Beans

Concrete5 and Ubuntu 10

I am new to both Ubuntu and Concrete5 content manager. I setup an Ubuntu 10 server with Apache and PHP along with Concrete5 for our website consultant whom has built us a new website under /var/www/concrete5.4.0.5

I have tried to move the site to the /var/www directory so we can access it without adding the additional directory to the domain name. However after moving all the files to the /var/www directory I get web page not found.

Any ideas how to correct this issue? My guess is that its a permissions issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Rodeoboy

Beans

Re: Concrete5 and Ubuntu 10

Quote Originally Posted by rodeoboy View Post
    I am new to both Ubuntu and Concrete5 content manager. I setup an Ubuntu 10 server with Apache and PHP along with Concrete5 for our website consultant whom has built us a new website under /var/www/concrete5.4.0.5

I have tried to move the site to the /var/www directory so we can access it without adding the additional directory to the domain name. However after moving all the files to the /var/www directory I get web page not found.

Any ideas how to correct this issue? My guess is that its a permissions issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Rodeoboy
    Well I think it was due to permissions, but anyway I made a virtual site and all is well again. So if anyone is trying to use the root www directory, save yourself some headaches and make a virtual web site.

Have a great New Years!
    Rodeoboy