Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amiga CD32 for Ubuntu ?

Beans

Amiga CD32 for Ubuntu ?

Hello,

Unfortunately for Linux Ubuntu, I do not think that Ubuntu emulates with any emulators Amiga CD32. Is it correct?

You can with Wine, but a solution for Ubuntu would be possible with uae improved?

Howto for Windows :
    http://wiki.abime.net/emulation/winuae/cd32

Last edited by Artificial Intelligence; November 24th, 2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: added prefix

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Amiga CD32 for Ubuntu ?

Quote Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
    Hello,

Unfortunately for Linux Ubuntu, I do not think that Ubuntu emulates with any emulators Amiga CD32. Is it correct?

You can with Wine, but a solution for Ubuntu would be possible with uae improved?

Howto for Windows :
    http://wiki.abime.net/emulation/winuae/cd32

I must admit I have never tried it. A roundabout solution is to set up an emulated amiga hard drive, install software to run CD32 games and work from there. Not sure if it's worth the trouble though.

I use my A1200 for most amiga stuff these days, so Im not too up on amiga emulation anymore

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by weasel fierce View Post
    I must admit I have never tried it. A roundabout solution is to set up an emulated amiga hard drive, install software to run CD32 games and work from there. Not sure if it's worth the trouble though.

I use my A1200 for most amiga stuff these days, so Im not too up on amiga emulation anymore
    you do not have any PC? You are still using an Amiga ?

It isnt too slow. YOu have workbench of the A500 and modem?

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Smile Re: Amiga CD32 for Ubuntu ?

If you wish to emulate an Amiga CD32 which is basically an Amiga 1200 with a CD-Drive you can install uae or e-uae from synaptic or software centre to emulate the Amiga, but you WILL need an Amiga ROM to make it work... Their are Amiga 500/600/1200/CD32 roms out there but you'll have to find them yourself if you do not already own a device...

As for the games, many sites provide image files for Amiga floppy games and the odd cd32 .iso image...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by TenPlus1 View Post
    If you wish to emulate an Amiga CD32 which is basically an Amiga 1200 with a CD-Drive you can install uae or e-uae from synaptic or software centre to emulate the Amiga, but you WILL need an Amiga ROM to make it work... Their are Amiga 500/600/1200/CD32 roms out there but you'll have to find them yourself if you do not already own a device...

As for the games, many sites provide image files for Amiga floppy games and the odd cd32 .iso image...
    could you please help us knowing how you load the cdrom into e-uae? it is only for ADF or ZIP

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
    you do not have any PC? You are still using an Amiga ?

It isnt too slow. YOu have workbench of the A500 and modem?
    I do use my PC for day to day stuff, the amiga is for classic games, though it also works for email (YAM for the win), IRC chat and other little things.

Its an A1200 with wireless PCMCIA card, 64 megs of RAM and a 68030/56 mhz

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Beans

I do use my PC for day to day stuff, the amiga is for classic games, though it also works for email (YAM for the win), IRC chat and other little things.

Its an A1200 with wireless PCMCIA card, 64 megs of RAM and a 68030/56 mhz
    thats cool

are the graphics cool and awesome colors with amiga?

I think that amiga had amazing colors, like rainbow, and still regular pc or games cannot offer nowadays. Some demo or games are still today amazing panel of colors and graphics

Beans
    Distro

I like it. THere's a certain sort of style to it.
    One of the nicest things is how smooth scrolling is, considering the limited hardware.
    There's really nothing like loading up Agony on an A500 with its 7 mhz processor to make people's jaws drop.

Beans

I like it. THere's a certain sort of style to it.
    One of the nicest things is how smooth scrolling is, considering the limited hardware.
    There's really nothing like loading up Agony on an A500 with its 7 mhz processor to make people's jaws drop.
    wow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYxIJ...eature=related

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast