Thread: Update Manager fails to download packages

Beans

Update Manager fails to download packages

As the title suggests, I received notification of updates but when I tell the update manager to download and install I get the following:

Failed to fetch http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/...untu1_i386.deb 404 Not Found
    Failed to fetch http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/...untu1_i386.deb 404 Not Found

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Update Manager fails to download packages

change your server to main server from update manager -> settings -> download from ...there your change server to main server and try again. don't worry about the issues they are temporary issues and they can be resolved soon.
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans

OK, I've done that and now the update manager is saying that my system is up to date when before there was a long list of items (UK Server). I guess it's resolved the problem but now I am just confused (not difficult).

Beans
    Hidden!

tell me what makes you feel like confused , i will try my best to help you.
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.

Beans

The reason I am confused is that, when I was connected to the UK server there is a big long list of updates, but when I changed to main server there are no updates and update manager states that my system is up-to-date.

Beans
    Hidden!

Here when you connected to new server again the Cache information of update manager should have to update again .

Beans

OK, thanks. Nothing seems to be broken so I'll carry on as normal.

Beans
    Hidden!

thats good news , do me a favor man ,please mark the thread as solved from thread tools.

thank you man.