Thread: Unity Bar colour change reverts to default.

Beans

Unity Bar colour change reverts to default.

Hi guys,

Mostly a Mint user but now that 12.04 is out id figure I would test it exclusively for a week. Only problem is changing the unitybar color.

When I use MyUnity or Tweak Tool to change the colour, as soon as I click something else or exit the app, it goes back to the default purple. Is this a bug? Couldnt find much info.

Thanks

Biggyk

Re: Unity Bar colour change reverts to default.

Been broken for a while though as of today assigned & in progress
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/975350

Beans

Ok great thanks

A fix has been proposed today to be merged into unity, if accepted will be in the next unity upgrade

Tested here & works well Plus also fixed the bug if using #000000 as a custom color to get a dark launcher & icons. Hopefully it goes thru

#000000 bug
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/924586

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

thanks for the find, mc4man. Gives me some hope that this will finally be fixed.

I have a pure black wallpaper and the launcher background color somehow decides to be grey. Changing the color in all of the config tools at my disposal lasts only for a couple seconds before changing back to grey.

Quote Originally Posted by soft_kitten View Post
    I have a pure black wallpaper and the launcher background color somehow decides to be grey. Changing the color in all of the config tools at my disposal lasts only for a couple seconds before changing back to grey.
    -

I don't use a black but do like a dark launcher, but to show the fix in action switched to black BG & with a launcher based on #000000 which I do use - screen
    Attached Images Attached Images