Thread: Desktop missing icons

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Desktop missing icons

Hi, I've upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10 (clean install) didn't like Unity and decided to give Gnome 3 desktop environment a try. It's really easy on the eye and nice to use, but I seem to have lost the trash icon from the desktop. I can still left click on anything to send to the trash ... but I can't restore from the trash because I don't know where the icon is. Does anyone know how to restore the trash icon to the desktop?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Desktop missing icons

Hey!

I thought someone will answer your question, so I didn't - yesterday... Today, you still have no answer. Is nobody using Gnome 3?

Well, the answer, how to make the trash bin (and computer + drives) visible is in this tutorial.

edit: PS. also found this

Have a nice day!
    Don't ask what your company can do for you.
    Ask what you can do for
    your company!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Desktop missing icons

Quote Originally Posted by An Sanct View Post
    Hey!

I thought someone will answer your question, so I didn't - yesterday... Today, you still have no answer. Is nobody using Gnome 3?

Well, the answer, how to make the trash bin (and computer + drives) visible is in this tutorial.

edit: PS. also found this

Have a nice day!
    Thanks for getting in touch
    Yes, in my search to find a solution I came across this tutorial and tried the recommended commands but to no avail. I searched my computer for the gconf-editor and found out that it isn't installed with the Gnome 3 desktop Environment ... you have to install it separately through the Synaptic Package Manager. Once I had installed the program it was just a matter of ticking boxes. Everything that I required on my desktop is now there ... problem solved

Thanks again, Gael.