Thread: Can't Log onto Wi-Fi Router That Uses Mac Address Fitlering

Beans

Question Can't Log onto Wi-Fi Router That Uses Mac Address Fitlering

I'm trying to log on to a Wi-Fi network that uses mac address filtering and am having trouble.

My mac address has been keyed into the router, and my laptop can see the network, but it won't log onto it.

I'm clearly doing something wrong (perhaps, obviously wrong), but I'm at a loss as to what.

Any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Can't Log onto Wi-Fi Router That Uses Mac Address Fitlering

Hi,

tried to connect via cable to change the settings (which is recommended because you change settings)?

Beans

Re: Can't Log onto Wi-Fi Router That Uses Mac Address Fitlering

Quote Originally Posted by magrittesgrocer View Post
    I'm trying to log on to a Wi-Fi network that uses mac address filtering and am having trouble.

My mac address has been keyed into the router, and my laptop can see the network, but it won't log onto it.

I'm clearly doing something wrong (perhaps, obviously wrong), but I'm at a loss as to what.

Any ideas?
    Every mac address filtering issue i have ever seen is due to incorrect MAC address input or incorrect formatting.

make sure all 0 are zero's and not the letter 0 and if the filter requires : or - use them, some require : seperators and some - and some require you to remove the seperators altogether.

connect with ethernet cable to double check the mac address, also are you using a static IP on the client or wanting a DHCP, does the router have DHCP setup, IP can often prevent connection thought it shouldnt
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013