Thread: Ubuntu LTSPLTSPQuickInstall

Beans

Ubuntu LTSPLTSPQuickInstall

I am Attempting to install an LTSP server using the Quick Install document.

I have obtained a copy of ubuntu-10.04.3-alternative -amd64.iso which is the recommended install.

The installer is supposed to set up a workijg LTSP install if the server has two network cards are built in.

The motherboard has a NIC built in and I have disabled it in the bios. I have put two NIC cards in one of which is connected to a switch to which is attached one of he proposed thin clients. The other NIC is to be attached to a router, which wasn't connected for the install.

I am getting a Network autoconfiguration failed message with a comment about the network is probably not using the DHCP protocol.
    I thought that the server I am trying to install was in charge of DHCP so I have no idea of what is going on.

If you know, and perhaps could tell me what needs to be connected during the install I would be grateful.

Regards

Dave

Spelling mistakes by ipad

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Ubuntu LTSPLTSPQuickInstall

Duplicate here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1882036

This thread closed.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.