Thread: Easy Backup possible?

Beans

Easy Backup possible?

I'm running an Ubuntu server and have yet to find a good quick tool for backing up a couple of directories to an external hard drive attached to my server. The FileSystem Backup tool in Webmin is pretty much worthless as I have never been able to get it to work. Basically, all I'm needing to do is complete one initial backup manually of each folder to the attached external HDD, and after that point have differential backups (when each time the scheduled backup runs, only new or changed files are added/updated in the existing backup). I do not even require any compression for the backup. rsync sounds like the best tool, but I don't understand all the options and would prefer not to spend a ton of time messing with a a config file. Is there a decent WebGUI backup tool out there that I can simply install via apt, and then schedule and manage my backups via a web interface? I have had this server running for several months with Apache, Subsonic, etc. but have yet to find a user friendly way of scheduling and managing backups. I don't mind managing some things from a terminal window, but backups is something I'd like to be able to point & click to manage. Any suggestions are appreciated.

-hogfan

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Easy Backup possible?

Back in Time is what you are looking for (GUI for rsync). It is extremelly easy to use, it does incremental backups on schedul and automatically, you can have different profiles, etc. Don't know about the web interface though.
    Best Linux Player: Guayadeque

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Easy Backup possible?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupYourSystem

that have many options.

i hope that gonna be helpful to you.
    Dont miss anything even it is small. one small pin is enough to bring down a man.