Development Video #15
It's video time again!
New stuff in this video:
* Finished the in-game interface
* Almost finished the menus
* Tied player actions to noise and suspicion generation
* Particle effects to show characters growing suspicious
* Added pauses to character dialogue
* Resolution can now be changed in-game
* Added small thumbnail images for saved games
I've also almost finished work on doubling the directions for the male aiming and shooting animations (from 8 to 16 directions). After that, I'll make the missing sprites for female characters (aiming, shooting, hit, and fall/die). There's also still a bunch of minor things, bug fixes, optimizations and tune-ups.
When all that's done, I think I'll begin working on the AI, since that's the biggest component missing before I can really start playing around with actual gameplay -- and not just building the surrounding framework. I'm really looking forward to create a simple mission where you have to sneak past patrolling guards or get in a firefight. That's when all this stuff will hopefully come together and be an actual game! After that, a release of the first pre-alpha version shouldn't be far behind. Stay tuned!