Thread: i get the following screen as i start my ubuntu and it gets strucked there.

Beans

Unhappy i get the following screen as i start my ubuntu and it gets strucked there.

i get the boot screen before ubuntu loads and it struck over there and it doesnt proceed after that as i am new to linux i really can figure out what problem is that. the image here is just a example actually i wanted to represent the boot screen.

This problem started after i tried to change to gnome 3. and trying to figure out the problem with graphics not displaying properly. i guess i was working with nautilus and other things before restart.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: i get the following screen as i start my ubuntu and it gets strucked there.

Hey, okay when it gets to that screen, if you could hit F1 and then take a picture of that and post it, that would be of great help.

Thanks,

Ross.

Beans

Unhappy Re: i get the following screen as i start my ubuntu and it gets strucked there.

but i cannot enter into my work screen and it gets struck there so how can i take screenshot???? the screenshot is just similar to the picture i have attached during the startup the screen just gets struck at that point.

Beans

Can you note down what it says or take a photograph of it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Press any arrow key or the escape key and take a picture of what it says.

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: i get the following screen as i start my ubuntu and it gets strucked there.

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the correct key for grub2 or not, but try the following:

As soon as your PC starts its boot process, keeping pressing the shift key. I *think* that's the key used to get to the grub menu. You should get a boot menu and hopefully see an Ubuntu boot option for recovery mode.

If you dual-boot or whatever so you already have the grub menu, let us know if the recovery mode option shows.

Dave

Beans

Cool Re: i get the following screen as i start my ubuntu and it gets strucked there.

hello all,

the screen just get struck at the point before starting as the picture shown above. and i dont get any message even if i wait for few minutes.

And since i am new to linux i would like to know that is there any option in ubuntu similar to restore to backdate in windows??? if not then is there any way that i can run my system backdate to which my system was working fine???

And about using in recovery mode i tried that and checked and seems like everything is working fine. i can go to terminal mode but the only problem is i cannot work with GUI interface.

thanks all for responses.

anewguy is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: i get the following screen as i start my ubuntu and it gets strucked there.

Well, the reason we wanted to know if you can boot to recovery mode is that it is quite possible we can reverse what you did and get the gui working again.

When you were trying to make gnome 3 work, what all did you do? Do you remember editing any files, and if so, what the changes you made to them were? Did the GUI work fine with Unity before you started making changes?

If we can get that information, we can probably get you set back to where at least a GUI works. If you have problems in that GUI we can work on those when we get you back there.

Dave

Beans
    Distro

go in recovery mode type
    startx --1
    then hit enter and tell is it working?
    if is working then it will take you to gui mode.
    please mark the thread solved if your problem is solved...