Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recovering a .gzip to original state

Beans

Re: Recovering a .gzip to original state

Quote Originally Posted by nhasian View Post
    You can try to free up some disk space with:

Sudo apt-get clean

I know you said that the Photorec output went to your home directory but did it put its working files in /tmp?
    I don't know. I got the Ubuntu 10.11 live CD and booted with it. I can access the internal HD now, and it seems that the 2 recovered .gz files are the ones that are taking up the disk space. I checked /tmp and it's empty. Still, I can't delete them (or any other files for that matter) to empty some disk space. Needless to say, I already transfered the files to another computer and their content was badly corrupted and worth nothing. So, I guess I'm done trying to recover the lost .gz

However, I don't know how to boot with live CD and invoke sudo apt-get clean. I guess I need to assign some working space, but I don't know how to do that.

In addition, when booting the computer now (I mean regularly, not with the live CD), there's a a new error message telling me that "Install Problem: The configuration defaults for GNOME Power Manager have not been installed correctly. Please contact you computer administrator"

Can you help me
    1. delete files on the internal hard disk, while I'm booting with the live CD?
    2. troubleshoot that new error message, provided that I know I have a bad battery on that notebook, and I keep it hooked up to AC power at all times.

Thanks for your support.
    Mo

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Recovering a .gzip to original state

Code:
    apt-get autoremove
    as well for disk space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12