Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10.04 LTS Firefox 3.6

Re: 10.04 LTS Firefox 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by snowpine View Post
    Did you try typhoon-tip's instructions before ranting? You don't need to update your entire system to 11.10, just add a PPA repository to get the latest Firefox in 10.04.
    Yes, and I've already said "Thank You". Ranting? Apparently wanting a updated browser on a stable system is a LTS sin.

I don't know why you think Firefox is a third party browser to Ubuntu. It's the default browser, and is rather tightly integrated with the desktop.
    How is the browser that is shipped with Ubuntu tightly integrated? Two different companies am I right? Does anybody remember how IE6 and XP was integrated and what security risk it imposed on that platform? That is called integration. The browser was written by the same company that wrote OS. IE6 where so integrated that you could not remove it because it was truly part of the system.

Look at all the chaos that emerges if you challenge any type of thinking other than what you are told on this forum.

Just wanted a simple answer, which I got from typhoon_tip, thanks again.
    Actually, you know what I give up. I will go back to windows (dual monitor support, oh god how did they ever figure that out). And I can have an updated browser experience.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Please read Firefox 8 & Beyond Mega Thread. It explains everything.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    You could do that, but whether you should is up to you to decide.

I don't know why you think Firefox is a third party browser to Ubuntu. It's the default browser, and is rather tightly integrated with the desktop.
    Well, I would say it not tightly integrated with the desktop.
    You can easily remove the firefox folder/content and it will not brake anything well.. maybe the yelp if you are really unlucky.
    ClearlooksOSX Theme and Icons for Linux.
    http://yopnono.mezoka.com/greyworld/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gamma1983 View Post
    Yes, and I've already said "Thank You". Ranting? Apparently wanting a updated browser on a stable system is a LTS sin.
    It is not a "sin." It's an easy 30-second procedure to install the browser of your choice. Which you have already done, right? You have the browser you want, situation Solved?

10.04 = April 2010. Firefox 3.6 was the current version of Firefox in April 2010 when Lucid was released. I don't know why this fact offends you so...

Beans

I have been having trouble lately with 10.04 FireFox 3.6 loading pages slowly or freeze for about 5 seconds then go back to normal.

Upgraded to 7.01 using the instruction from this website:
    http://palupix.blogspot.com/2011/10/...untu-1004.html

It was so easy and FireFox 7 works great, no more problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12