Thread: Battlefield 3 vs Call of duty mw 3

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Edubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Battlefield 3 vs Call of duty mw 3

I've always loved the battlefield games. I played bf 1942 to death, then Vietnam. Bf3 is great too.
    You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

They are both pretty disappointing to me. BF3 for the PS3 is mediocre at best. Looks better for PC, but don't have a windows partition so I am not going to bother.

MW3 is just the same **** they pump out year after year. The graphics are slightly improved, but the canned animation and general physics are really out dated. And the single player campaign feels like you are on rails being dragged by the nose to one set piece after another. I am bored to tears with COD.

I personally would like to see another Rainbow Six game.
    EDIT: Turns out there is a new one in the works, too bad it is targeted for sometime in 2013:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cla..._Six:_Patriots
    Last edited by BrokenKingpin; November 11th, 2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Do you folks like coffee?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by meth34 View Post
    What game do you guys chose?

I like bf3! i am usually a call of duty guy but i hate the modern warfare versions of it.
    i agree modern warfare got me mad smh coming from black ops to that, thats weak !
    My Big Ol Python.PY

Beans

MW multiplayer pisses me off and I find Battlefield Multiplayer kind of boring. The single player in call of duty is over the top and a lot of fun though. I did get the game just so i had something to play with my kid brother who goes to a different college.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Urban Terror Not exactly the same, it's derived from Unreal Tournament/Quake, and has its share of problems such as cheats which makes admin work hard. But its free (at least for the moment) and it runs on Linux.

As for B3 and MW3, I'll probably end up getting both at some stage. MW3 first I'd say.

Beans

Urban Terror rocks ,a poure derivative of id quake 3 source ,originally an addon to quake3.

Has anyone had some joy with BF3 in wine ? .

We seem to be left out of the gaming areas since ID dropped the ball.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

UrbanTerror sucks. The only decent games on Linux are the ones in the humble bundles.

MW3 is okay, it really feels recycled, and they didn't fix some of the issues from the last one. I've never played BF3 though.

I use the Riot Shield, Skorpion, Throwing Knife, Stun Grenade, Extreme Conditioning, Blast Shield, and Sitrep as my load out.

It makes it difficult to get kills, but I've gotten some sweet throwing knife kills.

Beans

FK THESE TWO GAMES!!!
    LET'S GET SOME QUAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEE!

Been on quakelive.com recently. Using the QLPrism launcher for linux. Oldskool Q3A combat, online, and has a small but decent following. Free too.
    Looking for a Terminal Emulator that's fun to use? Try out this program I wrote!