Thread: Ununtu Repositories for 11.10 PPC

Threaded View

Beans

Ununtu Repositories for 11.10 PPC

Hello,

I am trying to do an install of Ubuntu 11.10 for Power PC from the CD I created off the .iso file. I did a topic search but nothing seems to come up... or nothing that is in "plain English" for a novice like myself. I'm looking to learn here.

I have hit a "wall" of a sort and can't seem to find a current post to deal with this?

Does anyone know the current repositories for Ubuntu 11.10 so I can set my system to download and update? Also if someone could share the "sudo" commands or command line commands for this I would very much appreciate it.

Also is there a place, like a website that frequently updates changes in the URLs for these repositories when the old ones go bad or don't exist anymore?

Thanks,
    MacPenguin

P.S. -- Sorry, that's UBUNTU repositories, not Ununtu! lol!

2nd P.S. -- BTW- I am looking strictly for Ubuntu under the Ubuntu name. Not any variant. I don't know enough about this to make "Lubuntu" or "Xubuntu", etc. work for Ubuntu. (In my mind they are different versions- suggests to me their CODE is also different - I could be wrong but until I know more about it...) "Keep it simple" I figure. I admit again, I'm a total novice and trying to learn this stuff. Thx.
    Last edited by MacPenguin1972; November 7th, 2011 at 11:08 PM.