Thread: Removing a desktop option?

Beans

Removing a desktop option?

So, I did a full update and installed Xubuntu-Desktop. Now I seem to have an Xfce session option and a Xubuntu option (in addition to the Unity and GNOME options). In the interest of saving space, I was wondering if I could remove the Xfce session option while keeping the Xubuntu option.

I also noticed that my shutdown screen has switched to Xubuntu's even if I didn't use Xubuntu at all and used the Unity option. Is there a simple way to have it shutdown in the style of which Desktop environment I hit shutdown on?
    yo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: Removing a desktop option?

Where exactly do you want to save space? The session menu is a drop down, so that any amount of entries should take the same space.

The logout animation, aka the splash screen, can be changed to something else, but not, but not depending on the session you choose.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by marenkar View Post
    In the interest of saving space, I was wondering if I could remove the Xfce session option while keeping the Xubuntu option.
    You've installed the full xubuntu-desktop package, which contains all of XFCE, plus extras. If you wanted to install a lighter weight XFCE system than xubuntu-desktop, you should probably have installed the package xfce4 (you might also want xfce4-goodies and xfprint4).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    Where exactly do you want to save space? The session menu is a drop down, so that any amount of entries should take the same space.

The logout animation, aka the splash screen, can be changed to something else, but not, but not depending on the session you choose.
    Basically just hard disk space. I just checked and it's just a few MB so I'll just stick with it. And as pointed our by Pacqman, it's part of it. So I think it'll be best for me not to touch it.

How can I change the splash screen?
    yo